Thread: m54 exhaust cam sensor issue

BMWHaus Contributor

m54 exhaust cam sensor issue

I had a 0369 fault (exhaust cam sensor) tested sensor and it was not working. I am on budget so I steered clear of cheapo China ones an got a febi one (only slightly better I know). Fitted it today, slightly different to my own but its an alternate on real oem.it still hasn't cleared the fault and the car doesn't drive any different , but sensor tested ok with multimeter.is there sensor that anyone can recommend apart from oem as I just don't have the funds at the moment, are the miele ones shit as well, or anyone have a used one or is that also a lottery. Thanks

Re: m54 exhaust cam sensor issue

Does your reader clear codes is well ,try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes then test it again

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: m54 exhaust cam sensor issue

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    Does your reader clear codes is well ,try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes then test it again
    Yea it clears codes as well .once cleared I ran a scan and I get a pending fault then I ran it again and it comes up as a hard fault. I will try the battery trick. Pain in.the tits especially when New sensor tests ok on the multimeter

RE: m54 exhaust cam sensor issue

You could try get one from a breaker on here