Thread: E82 123D Crankshaft Pulley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E82 123D Crankshaft Pulley

The crankshaft pulley/Damper on my E82 123d is screeching a bit and looking at it I can see some cracks appearing in the rubber. I've the part number 11237810458 from realoem.com but I can't find anyone that does an aftermarket item. I'd prefer not to pay BMW €400 for it.
    Can anyone point me in a direction of where I might get one.

BMWHaus Guru
    Had this before on 123d, even compared it in physical size etc with a 1/320d one and it's the same but different part numbers. I'm assume it's a stronger core to cope with the extra torque.

We ended up fitting a genuine bmw part. That was probably about a year ago so might be no harm giving the likes of Otto car parts a call to see if they can get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HealyC View Post
    Had this before on 123d, even compared it in physical size etc with a 1/320d one and it's the same but different part numbers. I'm assume it's a stronger core to cope with the extra torque.

We ended up fitting a genuine bmw part. That was probably about a year ago so might be no harm giving the likes of Otto car parts a call to see if they can get one.

Thanks for that, I've tried OTTO, GSF, Micksgarage, Eurocarparts, and the local auto factors in Athlone. Seems to be just a genuine part, but Carparts-pros are showing a premium brand one for €215 but I don't know who makes it.

Also did it stop the squeak? I've replace the belt, idlers and tensioner. Water pump and alternator are good too.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhat View Post
    Thanks for that, I've tried OTTO, GSF, Micksgarage, Eurocarparts, and the local auto factors in Athlone. Seems to be just a genuine part, but Carparts-pros are showing a premium brand one for €215 but I don't know who makes it.

Also did it stop the squeak? I've replace the belt, idlers and tensioner. Water pump and alternator are good too.
    There was a huge rip in the core of the pulley so that's why it was replaced