Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seat repair/redye

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

seat repair/redye

hi guys just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with colour glo in ballycoolin i need to get the e36 drivers seat repaired and i want to get the seats redyed/tidied up,did anyone get anything done by them and did it put up with the wear and tear???

BMWHaus Guru
    Never used them, but ultimately any sprayed on leather dye is going to wear a lot quicker than seats which were originally vat dyed. If you're just matching an existing colour, it will look fine for a decent amount of time - dependent on the panel that's being done. A headrest will look perfect for ages, a side bolster won't.

That's what I'm afraid of ,,it's the back seats are perfect as usual just the front need redoing ,where my concern is if I do recover the front will the backs look out of place

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Most good leather trimmers will recover the front seats and have them a very good match for the existing rear seats. Will obviously cost a lot more. No harm in having them dyed, seeing how they hold up - and then retrimming if you're unhappy. You can also keep an eye out for used seats which are in better condition than your own.

I bought a full interior from England (heated champagne nappa) which is quiet good condition bar the drivers seat it has a small hole in the bolster typical problem on most e36's ,,I think I'll bring it to them and see what they have to say about it,but they seam to do good work

Just a quick update ,,,,bought another e36 vert just a six cylinder this time ,I'll make a good one out of both cars now ,,so I'll have a few part going for sale soon enough

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by 02mh View Post
    Just a quick update ,,,,bought another e36 vert just a six cylinder this time ,I'll make a good one out of both cars now ,,so I'll have a few part going for sale soon enough

Are you keeping the MV1's? If not I may have a home for them.

No they'll be going looking for a dished wheel but I'll sell these now if you can get me a replacement wheels so I can move it around

No I'll be changing them so yep there for sale if you fancy them but I'll need a set of wheel to move it around

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by 02mh View Post
    No I'll be changing them so yep there for sale if you fancy them but I'll need a set of wheel to move it around

I don't have spares to offer, want to keep the ones I have but I'm in no rush. Keep in touch and I'll keep my eyes open for something to replace them.