Thread: Any coders in the haus?

BMWHaus Guru

Question Any coders in the haus?

Just wondering if there are many people here in web development. If so, how do you find the job market in Ireland and the work in general?

BMWHaus Guru
    What kind of coding are you interested in? I have a couple of guys that do Python, Java for application development and probably a few other things that I'm not aware of!

BMWHaus Guru
    Cool, I'm doing a full stack online course and covered HTML and CSS so far. I had touched on web design in college and used dreamweaver and stuff but had never really considered it as a career option before. I find it really interesting actually, I find myself eager to sit down and getting more done.

I like the idea of work you can do on a laptop from anywhere in the world, but I'm interested in finding out what the job market is like in Ireland.

BMWHaus Contributor
    its really tough to earn decent money free lancing. Maybe as part time... I have never done it myself but thats the impression i get. My advice would be to concentrate on Front End first, get familiar with popular libraries like jQuery, bootstrap etc, also get some knowledge of MVC frameworks, Angular is very popular right now for example. You need to understand trends and concepts like one page application and responsive design. Then move to back end, SQL, mongo db and the likes.
    After you can develop full stack be enterprise stack or something new like MEAN stack. Wordpress is a good stack solution for freelancer who builds for small businesses. Plenty of resources online.
    Also if you wanna be one stop shop you need to be familiar with photoshop as well.

Hope that helps!