Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E60 LCI Bluetooth retrofit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

E60 LCI Bluetooth retrofit

So I went ahead and did an OE retrofit. Initially got a Mulf and add SA644 to the VO but the mulf was dead so i changed to SA633 when i came across a very cheap TCU.
    SOS/assist coded out and it works! sound quality is really impressive i must say.

Only thing that's irking me slightly is that the phonebook wont transfer from my phone (iphone 6), the A-Z menu is greyed out. does anyone else have this issue? I intend to update to the latest firmware using winKFP and see if that solves it.
    Last edited by John_D; 08-11-17 at 15:04.

BMWHaus Guru
    Ooh solution...

Default coded the mask using a blank trace file ... it still thought I had a mulf... bingo. Well chuffed now.

BMWHaus Guru
    Ideally code using expert mode rather than a blank FSW_PSW file for default coding. Is the Bluetooth unit showing your vin number? You can change that using Tool32, FG_screibhen (or similar spelling) is the command to do it.

BMWHaus Guru

E60 LCI Bluetooth retrofit

Hi, yes I was trying to do that but the ncsexpert copy I have installed only two profiles, default and ncsdummy so I didn’t have an option to turn off trace manipulation... I must look into that. Yep I updated the vin with tool32. Had me stumped for ages until I realised it needed the long Vin with the checksum digit at the end. Every day is a school day! Tool32 while it looks complicated is very fast!

BMWHaus Guru
    How come you have a signal bar icon on yours? Mine just has the Bluetooth icon..maybe it's diff with a LCI model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    My 530 had the same signal bar Shane !

BMWHaus Guru
    This is how mine looks

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    This is how mine looks

Thats interesting,, i find the signal display quite useful actually. maybe a software udpate will show it? my car is 03/07 build.

Does your have bluetooth prep SA644 or Business phone SA633 ?

my setup is 633 minus the cradle and the SOS bits coded out.

EDIT:
    Looking closer, the graphics are different. I`ve a square box around my selection, yours has beveled corners.. even the time is displayed in a slightly different position. it has to be a different software version
    Last edited by John_D; 11-11-17 at 00:09. Reason: hindsight

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by John_D View Post
    Thats interesting,, i find the signal display quite useful actually. maybe a software udpate will show it? my car is 03/07 build.

EDIT:
    Looking closer, the graphics are different. I`ve a square box around my selection, yours has beveled corners.. even the time is displayed in a slightly different position. it has to be a different software version
    That explains it, mines a 12/05 build

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by John_D View Post

EDIT:

I swapped out the MULF in my M6 for a later unit as I suspected my old module was causing a battery drain and the subsequent warning message, I was also experiencing disconnects between phone and car, the dealer hadn’t a clue so I decided to buy one from a 2010 650i (I was looking for any late model e6x) and install myself. The old module didn’t show signal strength bars the new one does....oh and the battery drain issue is gone.

Dealer told me it was my phone, but I showed them it was across multiple phones and that I had two e63 and the issue only occurred in the M6. Then they told me my battery was faulty, I asked for it to be swapped under warranty, they said it wasn’t covered, they were a bit red faced when I told them I bought it from them less than 1 year previous and the battery while not covered under AUC (at time) warranty it was covered under the battery’s own warranty they made up some other crap. Anyway my problem is solved and I’m delighted to have discovered www.Fionnsport.ie down here in Cork for when I need a mechanic to keep my warranty valid. Finbarr knows his stuff ///M wise and actually gives a crap.

Long story short, you can get signal strength with iPhone in e60 with a newer MULF, the bars also appear with older Nokia phones as well, it worked with my N95.