Thread: BMW E46 M3 ex BMW Demo car

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

BMW E46 M3 ex BMW Demo car

Hey Guys, Im advertising this car on here to see if anyone is interested in it, im torn between storing it and selling it, getting a serious hankering for an e92 m3.

I bought this m3 a few months back, needing a small bit of love, not knowing what my plan was at the time i wandered into my local dealer to order a service kit to start with. upon giving the parts guy the reg he revealed to me that the car was supplied new to frank keane motor import. upon doing some more research i discovered that this M3 was the very first e46 m3 to be brought into ireland and was in use by said dealer until sold to first owner a few months later.
    after that i decided i wanted to keep it as original as possible as this car i guess is a little bit special.

the body work on the car is near perfect, no rust atall no bubbling anywhere, paint work is in very good condition with only minimal chips/scratches.
    the original 19s have been re painted and re diamond cut, and just fitted with four new dunlop sportmaxx tyres (235/265)
    the interior again is in very good condition no real bolster wear or no marks/tears anywhere on the leather.
    mileage is currently 97k with all old ncts, service history and a stack of receipts.

my first job was to give it a service. compression readings and leak down test all read fine, i removed the rocker cover to check valve clearances, noticed a vanos tab broke, so i fully rebuilt the vanos unit with all new seals and redrilled oil pump disc. i also changed the cam bolts for the renewed version, and changed the top chain guide. new vanos gasket , rocker cover gasket vanos filter etc. changed plugs and air filter, oil and oil filter, gear box oil also.
    two new ate front discs and apec pads were then fitted, along with rear top mounts and a set of bmw springs a purchased last year for a previous car.
    i then had the front end painted as the front bumper and front of wings had some stone chips . but in order to have it perfect painted the bonnet aswell.

the car now drives and stops perfectly, goes and sounds how it should and turns heads everywhere it goes. passed nct first time few weeks back.
    car spec: chassis no jr00030(30th rhd coupe made)

S302 Alarm system
    S403 Glass roof, electrical
    S423 Floor mats, velours
    S428 Warning triangle and first aid kit
    S434 Interior surface aluminium
    S441 Smoker package
    S473 Armrest front
    S502 Headlight cleaning system
    S522 Xenon Light
    S632 Preparation BMW Handy (Motorola)
    S662 Radio BMW Business CD
    S674 Hi-Fi System Harman Kardon
    S850 Dummy-SALAPA
    S863 Retailer Directory Europe
    S880 On-board vehicle literature English
    S210 Dynamic stability control
    S249 Multifunction f steering wheel
    S431 Interior mirror with automatic-dip
    S459 Seat adjuster, electric, with memory
    S520 Fog lights
    S534 Automatic air conditioning
    S550 On-board computer
    S710 M sports steering wheel, multifunction
    S775 Headlining anthracite
    S785 White direction indicator lights
    S832 Battery in luggage compartment
    S853 Language version English

only aftermarket parts on the car are the csl rear diffuser, and a carbon bonnet cooling panel.
    this is a well sorted m3. with most of the common issues sorted. subframe is perfect, vanos is done, brakes done, all new tyres.
    being the very first irish e46 m3, and given the mileage and history, this car has a certain collectors appeal to me, hence why i wanted to bring it back to its former glory.
    i do however find it hard to just leave it sit in the garage and only drive when the sun shines.

price is 12500. pm me on here if you have any more questions

Last edited by alan b; 28-06-17 at 22:44.