Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone getting tires.?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Where is everyone getting tires.?

Time has come for tires. Where do you get them and where do you fit them. Need to find somewhere that has a proper set up for guaranteed security when fitting the tires and any kind of marking will not be tolerated

BMWHaus Contributor
    I have ordered from these two places before. Takes some time to deliver and front tyres are sent separately from rears so not all four corners arrive together. Had one of the lads in local garage to fit them. They have an old machine and its a pain to fit 19inch tyres so I am on a look out for new places in south Dublin. What I found is a lot of tyre places unless you bought tyres from them, they wont fit them. Which is stupid...

https://www.tyreleader.ie/
    https://www.oponeo.ie

BMWHaus Contributor
    I'm not surprised places aren't willing to fit tyres they haven't supplied. Theres plenty out there who will be looking for damage to a wheel (a small scratch etc) to be rectified if the tyre fitter makes a mistake....for €10 or €15 a corner isn't really worth the effort for anybody. Big risk for little return (in proportion to the money thats changing hands).

I recommend camskill anyway. Fast delivery good stuff and great prices. Being honest though if you are so fussy about the wheels I would recommend buy tyres and get them fitted at the one outfit at least they will be willing to sort out any mistakes.

BMWHaus Guru
    I don't know if any fitter will guarantee the wheel won't be marked. I've used camskill and opone and very pleased with both. I've used red cow tyres off Newtownpark Ave several times for fitting, great to deal with.

BMWHaus Guru
    I think I'll be buying my next set of tyres from a fitter - the last set for the M3 were from Oponeo but the fitter damaged both rear wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got 2 MPSS for 500 off OPONEO a few months ago. I get them fitted locally although I've done more damage to my wheels at this stage

BMWHaus Guru
    I usually like to go to my local tyre fitter to keep the business local and also to have some come back in the event of an issue. He won;t under any circumstances fit a tyre not supplied by him and I think that's OK. If there is an issue fitting a tyre and there is a problem with the tyre it's very hard to attribute responsibility. The tyre might have been defective or the fitter migth have made a balls of it.

However this time around I decided to chance an online retailer (Openeo) I just ordered 2 x 28/35/19 Continental Sport Contact 5P for €216 each, my local guy wanted €332 each. A local detailer has brand new tyre fitting equipment with the right attitude (I hope) and wants €20 + service VAT to fit, balance & dispose old tyres. So €664 versus €482, hard to justify €182 difference. However I am also conscious that I am taking on an element of risk with all of this, hopefully it is a low risk.

I have good time for my local tyre guy and will use him whenever the difference is not massive like the one above.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I have called route 66 at Ballymount. They supplied the BBS wheels when new and they fitted tyres I supplied, they had a very good machine and fitted them perfectly. So they will fit tyres I supply for 70 euro . I am waiting a call back as I want to price the tyres from them. Camskill 920 delivered for 4 pilot's 4s

BMWHaus Contributor
    Let us know how you get on with route 66 as they are not too far from me and might try them next.

I got some Michelin P4s tyres recently. I got my rears from Phoenix tyres and fronts from discount tyres/alloywheels.ie a forum sponsor who gave a small and welcome discount. No marks on the wheels from either place.

I've used both places in the past but this time I recieved a free Michelin digital pressure tester from discount tyres, I reckon because they are official Michelin dealers. Hope this helps