Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E36 Heatshields

BMWHaus Guru

E36 Heatshields

Are these different across all the cars? I suppose they would be depending on exhaust and layout. Mine's not great and I have access to a 316i to pinch off it before it meets its end. Are they similar or are they swappable at all?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: E36 Heatshields

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    Are these different across all the cars? I suppose they would be depending on exhaust and layout. Mine's not great and I have access to a 316i to pinch off it before it meets its end. Are they similar or are they swappable at all?
    my car was e36 1.6 and I put in 2.5 engine,heat shield is original 1.6 ones and seem to be exactly same,wondered this myself but when I fitted the exhaust it all seemed to match up perfectly to where the shields were,unless the thickness is different?

BMWHaus Guru

E36 Heatshields

Good to know. I will be changing my exhaust soon so might aswell do this while its out

Sent forward in time from my Nokia 3210

BMWHaus Guru

The "one" to have: http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f92/e36-how-fit-dave-f-induction-kit-t106486/

Not made or sold anymore seemingly. You'd have to put a wanted ad up or get the specs maybe. Lots of internet reviews to be had.

Would you be pushed though?

BMWHaus Guru

E36 Heatshields

Heat shied on the under carriage btw

Re: RE: E36 Heatshields

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    The "one" to have: http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f92/e36-how-fit-dave-f-induction-kit-t106486/

Not made or sold anymore seemingly. You'd have to put a wanted ad up or get the specs maybe. Lots of internet reviews to be had.

Your thinking of the wrong heatshield

BMWHaus Guru

E36 Heatshields

Davef ftw people pay €200 don't understand

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gar

Your thinking of the wrong heatshield

:P

im working with those heatshields, but bit better ones than sen in pict, as this one has open bottom, im trying to produce ones compleatly closed, with the hole in the bottom for inlet comming from the bumper grill, and without, with inlet coming as normal, from the nose grill. if il pull my finger out, there may be ones in the market for reasonable money soon

Quote Originally Posted by armando
    im working with those heatshields, but bit better ones than sen in pict, as this one has open bottom, im trying to produce ones compleatly closed, with the hole in the bottom for inlet comming from the bumper grill, and without, with inlet coming as normal, from the nose grill. if il pull my finger out, there may be ones in the market for reasonable money soon
    Do you mean your looking for an intake thahas the filter down behind the bumper?

Google the E36 Dinan intakes if you are. If not, then feel free to disregard this