Thread: E92 M3 - £10k Price Increase in 2 Months!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E92 M3 - £10k Price Increase in 2 Months!

I thought this deserved a thread of its own instead of the Dondeal thread as it’s so slick and the seller is trying to pull a bit of a fast one.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/e90-m3-07-13/2008-e92-m3--650bhp-supercharged-gts-replica/1635419

This was an Irish registered M3, I’m sure some of you know the car? I saw it in M&G back in June when my 330d was in for work. The car was absolutely pristine. I don’t normally like any modifications but this was tastefully done and it looked almost identical to the M3 GTS.

I saw it for sale on Pistonheads a few weeks later (late June) for £30k and now it’s up for sale in Scotland for £40k!!

I wouldnt be mad about the supercharger but £30k for a 2008 E92 M3 on Irish plates with with only 23k miles and those modifications is decent value I reckon.

RE: E92 M3 - £10k Price Increase in 2 Months!

I don't get what the issue is, it's priced aptly compared to the other cars available over there.

BMWHaus Guru

Different market over there, especially on bigger engined stuff

I know it’s a different market where road tax doesn’t cripple bigger engine stuff and all that but I just find it surprising that someone can buy a car in Ireland and potentially turn £10k (1/3 of purchase price) in a couple months. It obviously says something about our used car market and maybe the previous owner sold it on too cheap but it’s a very unusual situation none the less.

And it’s a slick M3!

I don't see why not, very little point in selling the car at what it's value is on Irish soil.

Didn't a lot of used car dealers over here make big profits from imports for years??

BMWHaus Guru

Different market - different price, the depressed car market here is presenting great value to buyers from other markets. I know a lad who sold his 350Z to Germany for this reason, Martin's M5 just went to the UK for example.

I have my M3 for sale in the UK at close to £10K and am getting loads of interest - if I stuck it up at that price (€12k) on donedeal I'd be reading posts left right and centre about what a chancer I am asking that for it when you can buy one for €6k.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt
    I have my M3 for sale in the UK at close to £10K and am getting loads of interest - if I stuck it up at that price (€12k) on donedeal I'd be reading posts left right and centre about what a chancer I am asking that for it when you can buy one for €6k.
    You're still a chancer!

Great car, had a spin in it , very quick worth every penny, no expense spared on it..!

BMWHaus Guru

Yep, the government is slowly but surely removing every interesting car from our roads

"What colour would sir like his 1.2TDi in?"