Thread: E46 m3 market in ireland

BMWHaus Contributor

E46 m3 market in ireland

Well guys, il keep this quick, i have a 2002 e46 m3, carbon black with imola interior, smg, 65k miles. Its on uk private plate "M3 xxx" and currently in storage in northern ireland. Im undecided as to vrt it an sell it here, or send it back out to uk to sell it? Im guessing the vrt is going to be 2500-3k which is a pretty big chunk of change, anyone have an idea if higher value m3's are actually selling at the moment?
    Last edited by alan b; 01-09-17 at 10:00.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by alan b View Post
    Well guys, il keep this quick, i have a 2002 e46 m3, carbon black with imola interior, smg, 65k miles. Its on uk private plate "M3 xxx" and currently in storage in northern ireland. Im undecided as to vrt it an sell it here, or send it back out to uk to sell it? Im guessing the vrt is going to be 2500-3k which is a pretty big chunk of change, anyone have an idea if higher value m3's are actually selling at the moment?
    Sounds like you have a good one, and if so I would VRT it. These cars are only going up in price especially low mileage ones like yours.

BMWHaus Guru
    I dont think there's any real evidence of ordinary M3's going up in value over here. With them now hitting the 15 year old age mark, they're also becoming increasingly difficult to insure. If you're planning on holding onto it for yourself then it's a different kettle of fish, if you're just looking to sell it I think you'd be nuts to VRT it.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt View Post
    I dont think there's any real evidence of ordinary M3's going up in value over here. With them now hitting the 15 year old age mark, they're also becoming increasingly difficult to insure. If you're planning on holding onto it for yourself then it's a different kettle of fish, if you're just looking to sell it I think you'd be nuts to VRT it.
    I had bought it to keep it, but i cant shake the itch for an e92, plus im.driving another e46 m3 as a daily so the novelty of a weekend car is lost.
    Thats what im thinking 12-13k is about the ceiling for good one i think here, where as lower mileage cars in uk seem to be going 14-15 sterling

BMWHaus Guru

E46 m3 market in ireland

Will E46 M3's realise big money in 15- 20 years time such as the E30's now? I think not. I do think for lads that want a well documented m3 with good provenance, sub frame etc sorted would be willing to pay top money for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chillipepper; 01-09-17 at 16:58.
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

Has anyone vrtd one recently I've seen they've taken them off the calculator and I'd much prefer to go to the UK to get one with the options available compared to here!

BMWHaus Contributor
    Sounds like a very nice car

i'd say you will be better off selling on a UK plate you audience is much larger and if a Irish buyer wants it they will vrt it themselves would be good if you had a vrt figure

this would be a good guide price on a private sale imho

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...odel=M3&page=1

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric Toast View Post
    Has anyone vrtd one recently I've seen they've taken them off the calculator and I'd much prefer to go to the UK to get one with the options available compared to here!
    Between 2500-3500 depending year!

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by alan b View Post
    Between 2500-3500 depending year!
    Didn't realise it was that much.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I'd sell it in the U.K.... especially with the condition....

If I was storing it I'd leave it on UK plates.... never know what could come along in years to come