Thread: mechanic advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

mechanic advice

i've been offered a 06 peugeot 206 van , it has a 1.4hdi engine , blows a lot of smoke when it passes 2000rev's , took it to 2 garages , one said it's injector one that engine is gone , car starts fine at cold/hot , oil seems to go missing if gets driven , could it be the turbo ? took the inlet pipe out and seems to be dry , but the turbo has a bit of oil dripping from the exhaust side ???

what do you's think??? it's cheap enough but not too keen to buy it if it needs a new engine

BMWHaus Guru

RE: mechanic advice

Quote Originally Posted by Pentea
    i've been offered a 06 peugeot 206 van , it has a 1.4hdi engine , blows a lot of smoke when it passes 2000rev's , took it to 2 garages , one said it's injector one that engine is gone , car starts fine at cold/hot , oil seems to go missing if gets driven , could it be the turbo ? took the inlet pipe out and seems to be dry , but the turbo has a bit of oil dripping from the exhaust side ???

what do you's think??? it's cheap enough but not too keen to buy it if it needs a new engine
    brother has a 309 or something..anyway small french and diesel turbo...seems to have silimlar issues and i think it was the turbo he says he wouldnt get another as a result. to be avoided it seems as they are meant to be a cnut to work on , well at least on his motor.

And he loves french

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: mechanic advice

Bring to Valdis he does a great check over