Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E92/E93 335i E89 Z4 35i M-Sport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

E92/E93 335i E89 Z4 35i M-Sport

So I decided F diesel, can't do it... I want another N54/N55 powered car in the form of an e92/e93 335i M-Sport or an e89 Z4 35i M-Sport.

I'm looking for a manual car ideally but will consider DCT (don't want the 6 speed auto)

I don't want a project car, I'm looking for a looked after, low mileage car in good condition that's ready to go. The newer the better (at least 2010+)

Not asking for much am I

What's out there?

What website do people generally use for browsing NI cars by the way?

BMWHaus Guru
    Sounds like a main dealer car is what you're after, but there'll be shag all up north I'd say. Trip across the water I think

BMWHaus Guru
    Agreed, go across the pond, aim for Main Dealer car.

BMWHaus Guru
    Wow... just had a look at used cars in the UK BMW dealer network and was shocked to only find 4 x 335i (2x e92 and 2x e93) of which only 1 e93 is an m sport - in all of the UK... seems a bit mad.

There's 5 x Z4 35i m sport but only a couple are potentially suitable.

Really surprised at this, I'm sure there's a lot more outside the dealer network but not sure how to go about checking cars from private sales at mechanics etc before buying. Main dealer would be a lot easier.

BMWHaus Guru
    Better off going to UK mainland, exchange rate is great at the moment! I recently priced the cost for two to fly over, train from Stansted and ferry back and was sub 300 quid. AA inspection is 125 quid if you want additional piece of mind.

Im in a similar boat as yourself, quite soon I'll be looking at 30k miles a year. Was look at many different rep mobiles, but decided id like to keep it BMW as ill be spending an awful lot of time in the car, I dont want to be stressed when I get out of it! Was looking at F10 diesels, but F01s caught my eye as a big cruiser, same chassis as a RR ghost and really good value. A four year old F01 is comparative to a similar year F10 price wise despite being a nearly 40k difference in initial purchase price!

Have a dirty nagging feeling to go get a M235i, to hell with all, but it would be madness! I think a weekend play thing is a better bet at the moment, but if I can manage to work a couple days at home at home a week I'll be back on the petrol bandwagon though
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketron View Post
    Better off going to UK mainland, exchange rate is great at the moment! I recently priced the cost for two to fly over, train from Stansted and ferry back and was sub 300 quid. AA inspection is 125 quid if you want additional piece of mind.

Im in a similar boat as yourself, quite soon I'll be looking at 30k miles a year. Was look at many different rep mobiles, but decided id like to keep it BMW as ill be spending an awful lot of time in the car, I dont want to be stressed when I get out of it! Was looking at F10 diesels, but F01s caught my eye as a big cruiser, same chassis as a RR ghost and really good value. A four year old F01 is comparative to a similar year F10 price wise despite being a nearly 40k difference in initial purchase price!

Have a dirty nagging feeling to go get a M235i, to hell with all, but it would be madness! I think a weekend play thing is a better bet at the moment, but if I can manage to work a couple days at home at home a week I'll be back on the petrol bandwagon though
    That search was for the entire UK! Which seems crazy to me.

You gotta go for what makes you happy, I just can't see a scenario where I'll be happy with a diesel so I've decided to just go for what I want.

M235i would be a lot of fun

BMWHaus Guru
    Maybe not as new as you want but manual and great miles.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/16352207
    BMW 3-Series, 2008

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Maybe not as new as you want but manual and great miles.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/16352207
    BMW 3-Series, 2008

I've literally just spotted that on carzone http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/...59841889121899 seems ideal really other than it being a little older than I'd like. Will check it out

BMWHaus Guru
    So did you buy anything yet?

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    So did you buy anything yet?
    Not yet Andy, was so busy with work that I never even made it to view that e93 (doesn't help that they don't open weekends) but it's probably a good thing since there was a 1k price drop since then.

I'm a bit torn to be honest, a part of me wants to wait, spend more and get as new a car as I can (really fancy a Z4 sDrive35iS the more I think about it) but a part of me thinks that e93 will probably be ok and set some money aside for some of the pricey potential failures.

But then where do you draw the line? This just popped up for pretty much half the price of the e93 https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...coupe/16785790 remember when we were discussing this last time I was looking for a 335i? I think it had 50k odd miles around this time 3 years ago and sold for ~13k. I missed out on it but it worked out for the best I guess.

Going to a dealer with my Dad yesterday to buy that super fresh Merc really didn't help shake my want for a "newer" car!