Thread: Convertible roofs

Convertible roofs

Hi guys, quick one ,does anyone know where to get vert roofs restitched and It needs a new back window stitched in aswel , work has started on the cars and I want to transfer the roofs over,the one on the donor car is in great condition bar the little bit of stitches and window , where as the other one is great aswel but won't sit properly,and it needs a new head liner.I can take the roof off and bring it to whom ever ,Nolan autocare are only dealing with the trade so there out ,anyone else?? Ideally I'd live someone to come have a look and say which is the better

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    A lot of places wouldn't dare touch a 20+ year old roof. I tried a few people and none were interested, the material on mine seemed fine just the stitching across the top above the rear window had rotted over the years.

Also most e36 have a zipped in rather than a stitched in.

I got a new hood from this crowd (along with a new headlining & tensions straps): www.cabriowebshop.nl

I took it to AT Autostyle in Kilkenny to get it fitted: www.at-autostyle.com

Not the answer you probably wanted to hear but I was in the same position as you last year, got the hood fitted this year.

BMWHaus Contributor
    My window is falling out. I'm going to have a craic at stitching it back in myself if that fails I'll take it to a place that stitches sides for arctics. I really think at this stage there's nothing to lose with them. Worst case scenario is buy a new roof.