Thread: 2006 R53 Mini Cooper S

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2006 R53 Mini Cooper S

Okay so this is a hard one - I’m putting my 2006 Mini Cooper S up for sale – this is genuinely a reluctant sale as I had always hoped to hold on to it but that won't fit with my current plan - I love driving this car and am only considering a sale if this sells before my 320D which I also have advertised here (don't ask) so if the BMW sells first I'll be keeping this a while longer (fingers crossed ).

I’m looking for a firm €4,000 as I believe it’s worth every penny - the only thing it needs is two new front tyres which I’ll sort out sale or no sale.

It's currently sitting at 128,600kms but will rise slightly as it’s used daily.

I am the 5th owner of this car having bought it in Oct 2015 with around 103k kms on the clock – in the three odd years I’ve owned it I’ve put around 25k kms on the clock and I have loved every minute of doing it!

The car has a build date Nov 2005 and first registered in Jan 2006 and the history is patchy up 2012 – from there and before I bought the car in 2015 it was initially serviced in BMW between David Prentice in Omagh, Joe Duffy and Frank Keane with final services done at Motor Confidence. Since I’ve had the car (from Oct 2015) everything has been done by healyc through Courtney Motors (Conor knows the car well) with the exception of one oil change I did myself in 2017 (wife nearly killed me for that one ).

I believe the spec is fairly standard Cooper S – comes with Chili Pack & (as per spec sheet) it has full leather, anthracite roof lining, single cd with cd changer prep, alloy interior tim, xenon headlights, speedo in KMH and an LSD. It originally came with white bonnet stripes but I had them removed when I had the front bumper, bonnet, rear bumper and boot lid painted (in Jan 2018) – this was done to remove the usual scuffs and stone chips but also due to lacquer peeling on the bonnet and to treat a small bit of rust on the boot lid bubbling up at the number plate surround. Personally I much prefer it without the white stripes and especially with the JCW front grill (which was fitted in Oct 2018). I’ve added a few other bits such as a Milltek (May 2018) plus a 17% pulley & Orranje CAI (Aug 2018). Other work worth noting includes new new clutch (Apr 2018), fanbelt tensioner, rocker cover gasket, coolant expansion tank and P/S track control arm (Oct 2018) alternator (Jan 2019).

Car drives really well – usual rattles from a small stiffly sprung hatch but (as I’m sure most already know) the handling is genuinely hard to beat. Pulls well with the 17% pulley and anytime I really open it up it surprises the hell out of me. And then there is the noise – that wonderful supercharger whine (very evident with the Orranje CAI) plus the milltek with it's fairly subtle popping/cracking on lift off - not loud or intrusive and no motorway drone.

Details of the work done in my ownership as per below:

Dec 2015 Courtney Motors @108160km – oil, filters
    Oct 2016 Souhans (no mileage recorded) – repair flexipipe
    Nov 2016 Courtney Motors @112652km – oil, filters, new battery, 13.5% pulley, colder plugs
    Aug 2017 done by myself – oil, filters
    Jan 2018 Car Craft (no mileage recorded) – paint front and rear bumpers, bonnet and book lid
    Apr 2018 Courntey Motors (no mileage recorded) – new clutch
    May 2018 Courntey Motors (no mileage recorded) – fit milltek
    Oct 2018 Courtney Motors @123465km – oil, filters, rear brake pads + sensors, rocker cover gasket, fan belt tensioner, P/S track control arm, P/S bottom ball joint, coolant expansion bottle, 17% pulley, colder plugs, Orranje CAI, JCW front grill
    Jan 2019 Courtney Motors @125050km – new alternator, bleed coolant system, antifreeze

I haven't advertised this on donedeal yet but may do so over the weekend but as I mentioned above, I'm looking for a firm €4000.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by soc; 25-02-19 at 10:46.