Thread: E60 M-ASK coding question

BMWHaus Guru

E60 M-ASK coding question

Morning all,

Recently completed a retrofit of SA644 bluetooth to my car. Unfortunately the MULF is dead so I want to source another one or a TCU. I can make do with either.
    While I’m waiting to sort that, I’d like to update the BMW contact phone numbers in the idrive communications menu. Car is a UK import so obviously has uk numbers.

Are these updated through NCSexpert? I dont recall seeing them when I read the trace file for the m-ask...

Not that I’ll be using them I just want to do it for completeness.

Cheers.

BMWHaus Guru
    I did this on my CCC in the 630i when I did the MASK to CCC upgrade. The CCC unit was from a Polish car. I believe that mine auto selected the Ireland when I default coded the unit so I suspect got your case you'll just need to change the country setting to Ireland using NCS Expert. Look up the MASK coding options on NCS Dummy and it will give you the options. I'm away at the minute but I'll try to check it when I'm back tomorrow.

BMWHaus Guru
    what part number is your MULF? I've one out of my 335d that I've been trying to get rid of.
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    I did this on my CCC in the 630i when I did the MASK to CCC upgrade. The CCC unit was from a Polish car. I believe that mine auto selected the Ireland when I default coded the unit so I suspect got your case you'll just need to change the country setting to Ireland using NCS Expert. Look up the MASK coding options on NCS Dummy and it will give you the options. I'm away at the minute but I'll try to check it when I'm back tomorrow.
    Hi Mark,
    That’s awesome, I’ll check it today. It’s a good excuse to try ncsdummy for the first time.
    Cheers.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketron View Post
    what part number is your MULF? I've one out of my 335d that I've been trying to get rid of.
    Hi, thanks for the message... it’s 84219116725-01 dated may 2006 but to be honest I’m 90% sure any mulf or TCU would work with the right coding. What is your one?
    Cheers.