Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMW Insured Warranty

BMWHaus Contributor
    I had one on a e60 M5 for two years. In that time it cost me 2400 euro and paid out over 8k in repairs. No brainier IMHO.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

BMWHaus Guru
    I had to claim for:

- Brake Master cylinder
    - Brake Servo
    - DSC unit (in reality this was the problem) €4K for part alone
    - Head up Display another €4K
    - Fuel tank
    - Belt tensioner
    - Heater mixer valve
    - HiFi speakers x 2
    - Ignition coil
    - All Labour, recovery and rental cars for all of these.

Only waiting for Throttle bodies, SMG pump and crankshaft bearings to need to be done! (These are all OK now but are known weak points.

I think I am at €22k claims so far. Ironically €0 claimed since I started paying for it myself! Not that I want to, it’s a pain in the stones being without the car you bought! Who wants to drive a Golf when you have an M6!

BMWHaus Guru
    It kind of shows how BMW have grown, but gone backwards at the same time over the past couple of decades. The list of faults and costs outlined here, even for the "ordinary" BMW's, never mind Rebels M6 is frightening. Compare this to my 325i in my first period of ownership with it. Bought at 15 years old, run for 5 years and nearly 30k miles and required two wheel bearings and not a lot else, not even a wishbone, or other than an annual service with the usual fluid consumables.

Sorry to OP for OT!
    Current: BMW 530e M-Sport - '17, BMW 630i Sport auto - '07, BMW 325i Coupe - '93, BMW Z4 2.5si Auto - '07, '90 BMW 316i Lux.

Previous: BMW 328i Coupe - '96, BMW 530i SE auto - '07, BMW 530i Sport auto - '02, BMW 318i SE Touring - '07, BMW 330Ci Sport - '04, BMW 520d SE - '11, BMW 523i SE - '00, BMW 328i SE Touring - '00, BMW 523i SE - '97, BMW 323i SE - '98, 330Ci - '00, 325i Coupe - '93, 318Ci - '01, 316iSE - '98, 325iSE 2dr - '91, 320i Conv - '91, 325i Coupe - '92, 320i 2dr - '91.

Thanks for all the posts lads. If I had any doubts before, they’re well and truly put to rest now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    I had to claim for:

- Brake Master cylinder
    - Brake Servo
    - DSC unit (in reality this was the problem) €4K for part alone
    - Head up Display another €4K
    - Fuel tank
    - Belt tensioner
    - Heater mixer valve
    - HiFi speakers x 2
    - Ignition coil
    - All Labour, recovery and rental cars for all of these.

Only waiting for Throttle bodies, SMG pump and crankshaft bearings to need to be done! (These are all OK now but are known weak points.

I think I am at €22k claims so far. Ironically €0 claimed since I started paying for it myself! Not that I want to, it’s a pain in the stones being without the car you bought! Who wants to drive a Golf when you have an M6!
    Wow, do you think they go OTT as such with repairs when they are insured in terms of labour, parts etc? €22k is a small mountain of money.......

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by james forde View Post
    Wow, do you think they go OTT as such with repairs when they are insured in terms of labour, parts etc? €22k is a small mountain of money.......
    I think they could have been smarter with the brake issue diagnosis but it’s easy to say that with hindsight, however the other issues were very much a problem. There was no shenanigans really.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    I think they could have been smarter with the brake issue diagnosis but it’s easy to say that with hindsight, however the other issues were very much a problem. There was no shenanigans really.
    Puts things into perspective so, I remember pricing the warranty for the F10 and thinking it was expensive but makes sense if you have an m car.