Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic Car Insurance

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

Classic Car Insurance

Hi all,

Just a quick one.

Is there anyone other than Autoline that cover cars between 15 and 20 years for classic car insurance?

First Ireland used to do it but a quick call with them this morning and they now set the limit at 20 years.

BMWHaus Guru
    Yes they will only do a newer car if it with one 20 years or older for new business.

I have my ‘98 E36 with Autoline up North and no issues.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Got sorted with Autoline Andy. Managed to get them down on price too so all good. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ecooney View Post
    Got sorted with Autoline Andy. Managed to get them down on price too so all good. Thanks
    For a silver car?

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    For a silver car?
    You could be correct there

Classic Car Insurance

I’ve been with First Ireland for the last two years for classic insurance on my 99 E36 but thinking of moving to Autoline because they’ve given me a better quote.

Any advantages of First Ireland over Autoline? Or anything else to consider when moving classic insurer?
    Last edited by ian-909; 10-03-18 at 10:02.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ian-909 View Post
    I’ve been with First Ireland for the last two years for classic insurance on my 99 E36 but thinking of moving to Autoline because they’ve given me a better quote.

Any advantages of First Ireland over Autoline? Or anything else to consider when moving classic insurer?
    First Ireland were very good when I had a claim a few years back. That’s worth something I’d say.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ian-909 View Post

Autolines policy is underwritten by Allianz- according to friends in the insurance industry who worked for them, they're super when it comes to claims. Some of them even maintained Allianz policies when they moved to work for other insurance companies.

I'm with Autoline for a few years now - thank fully no need to call on their claims department to date, but their customer service has been great.

BMWHaus Guru
    Just thought people may be interested in a Brexit update. Speaking to Autoline during the week they do not think it will effect current policies or their ability to provide insurance on classics to the southern market.

Also as mentioned in another thread, they have stopped quoting for any BMW newer than 20 years old. They were covering 15 years old, if you have something currently insured there won’t be an issue it seems.

BMWHaus Contributor
    That’s great to hear Andy. I was a bit worried that Brexit could cause problems for them.