Quote Originally Posted by dergside View Post
I'll be there tomorrow and greatly looking forward to it. A pal has a car in the Silverstone auction tomorrow too. Some great photos. Love the red Aston DB4.

Did you buy any goodies? Its hard to go and not walk away with something (bits, not cars!). Its usually where I stock up on battery isolator's .
No I was very good and resisted the urge. But that was really only because of the number of e36 related boxes which arrived at my house this week.

The show is a great set up and there's something there for everyone, from the concours supercar lover to the auto jumble rooting anorak. Have a great time tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmolloy01 View Post
Hi John. I was there today too. I also snapped the 535. The bmw club stand was not the most impressive one there !!! By a long shot !!!
Sorry not to bump into you. We met a few Irish lads there during the day. The 6.40am flight was pretty full.

I thought the BMW Car Club stand was terrible, very off putting to attendees. Those on the stand didn't engage with the attendees and the various cars were locked (e.g. E39 m5 & e60 m5). While they're great cars that is in contrast the one Merc Gullwing that people were invited to sit in and the other which was wide open for a good poke around. Overall it didn't change my view of the club which was formed after the infamous Athlon meeting.

Before the show we went out to meet Bespoke Leathering as my mate & I are both considering getting work done there. John from BL is a BMW nut and the set up is very impressive. I'll be sending a car over to him in the next few months after today's visit.