Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steering wheel retrim

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Steering wheel retrim

Hi Everybody!!
    Looking to get my m3(E46) wheel retrimmed as close to factory finish as I can get! Anyone have any recommendations on company's or individuals that do it? Would maybe like to make the wheel a little fatter and maybe perforated in Nappa leather! So nothing like factory ! I need ideas to be honest.
    thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    A&T autostyle in Kilkenny did mine and it's an excellent job.

Don't make it fatter, it'll just come away from the frame.

This is mine, I replaced all the trims and switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Don't make it fatter, it'll just come away from the frame.
    Looks good Dave. I’ve never had a problem with the wheel separating from the frame on any of the fatter ones I’ve had done.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Looks good Dave. I’ve never had a problem with the wheel separating from the frame on any of the fatter ones I’ve had done.
    I've never heard of it either, it's what A&T told me they had experienced with a few of their customers. He seemed to know what he was talking about.

First time I'll have ever got a wheel retrimmed. Currently have a alcantara wrapped steering wheel(previous owner) it's not really my cuppa tea so I bought a second m3 wheel to get retrimmed. I have fairly big hands and use to love my MK4 R32 steering wheel the way it was soo chunky! Just trying to imitate that feeling!

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric Toast View Post
    First time I'll have ever got a wheel retrimmed. Currently have a alcantara wrapped steering wheel(previous owner) it's not really my cuppa tea so I bought a second m3 wheel to get retrimmed. I have fairly big hands and use to love my MK4 R32 steering wheel the way it was soo chunky! Just trying to imitate that feeling!

Where are you based? My e46 wheel is fatter in black nappa so you could have a look at that sometime if you’re around dublin?

That is very nice! exactly what I'm kinda looking for what is the stitching like? Do you mind me asking how much and how long?

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric Toast View Post
    That is very nice! exactly what I'm kinda looking for what is the stitching like? Do you mind me asking how much and how long?

The stitching is M stitching, it cost €140 just for the retrim, but including the buttons and trim I think it was €600 total to do everything.

I'll take better photos a bit later.

He took 3 months to turn it around

They just have a huge waiting list.

BMWHaus Guru

Steering wheel retrim

There’s a lad called Pieter who advertises on DoneDeal who does them for €100 or so.

He’s doing the one for my e36 in black nappa with m stitching and a little fatter.

I should be getting it from him today so I’ll post some pics. His no is (085) 780 4946‬

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    There’s a lad called Pieter who advertises on DoneDeal who does them for €100 or so.

He’s doing the one for my e36 in black nappa with m stitching and a little fatter.

I should be getting it from him today so I’ll post some pics. His no is (085) 780 4946‬
    I’d be interested to see how this turns out John. Mine will be on the list also as there is some wear on the right hand side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk