Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steering wheel retrim

BMWHaus Guru
    First I've ever heard of a thickened steering wheel causing any issues down the line - and I've had heaps of them done. I always use Royal Steering Wheels - admittedly never had any issues like John did. Postage to them is cheap - use parcel motel and its 8.50 or so insured, and you can have it sent back to your parcel motel address to keep the cost down.

I've contacted the Pieter lad on donedeal several times, and he's the flakiest operator I've ever dealt with, well maybe not - given some of the plonkers I've had to deal with. Maybe he's bitten off more than he can chew, but he just stopped responding to messages on the two occasions I tried to get him to do some retrimming.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I'd also recommend Jack in Royal Steering wheels. They did another for me last year for £130 with about a two week turn around. Smooth leather top and bottom, perforated on the sides and M Stitching.

Here's mine after using royal. They've been around a while but have to say I didn't have any issues. I got a fattened, alcantara top/bottom and perforated nappa on the sides. Loved that steering wheel

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    e46 Black Sapphire 330cd Current
    e36 Techno Violet 318is Sold
    e46 Silver Grey M3 Sold
    e46 Silver Grey 325Ci Sold

BMWHaus Guru
    I have used Royal and work has been good, only one issue. Expensive with all the bloody postage though. I got one done with Piotr too recently for my E36 and workmanship by his mother was very good. He did do it incorrectly First, not the finish I wanted but had it redone no problem. Again you can have a look at mine too if you like.

Royals pictures look top quality will shoot them an email on a quote but this picture from their website is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for seems to be the standard everyone gets

Does anyone know if they do hand brake and gear gaitors to match?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    I have used royalsteeringwheels twice and found the price quality and service excellent. He is particularly good at alcantara. Highly recommended.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I have used royalsteeringwheels twice and found the price quality and service excellent. He is particularly good at alcantara. Highly recommended.
    Looking to avoid alcantara that's what I've got currently and it's really well done may very well have been done by royal. Will be up for sale once my new one is sorted!

BMWHaus Contributor
    He did a nice half solid, half perforated leather wheel for me for a 6 series.I will dig out the photo, most of my old photos are stuck behind a photobucket paywall at the moment.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    There’s a lad called Pieter who advertises on DoneDeal who does them for €100 or so.

He’s doing the one for my e36 in black nappa with m stitching and a little fatter.

I should be getting it from him today so I’ll post some pics. His no is (085) 780 4946‬
    I had the wheel in the 320Cd done by Peter, and boy was I amazed. For €100 he called to my place, fitted the new wheel and took away the old one. He uses the existing multi-function controls and airbag and has the job done in less than 10 minutes. I’ve had wheels done by Royal Steering Wheels in the past and paid almost twice as much, had to get them fitted and were of the same quality. I wouldn’t go anywhere else in fututre. He also retrims gear knobs if you need that done too.

If you want to see it in person I’ll be at Cars & Coffee tomorrow with it.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISHD M3 View Post
    I had the wheel in the 320Cd done by Peter, and boy was I amazed. For €100 he called to my place, fitted the new wheel and took away the old one. He uses the existing multi-function controls and airbag and has the job done in less than 10 minutes. I’ve had wheels done by Royal Steering Wheels in the past and paid almost twice as much, had to get them fitted and were of the same quality. I wouldn’t go anywhere else in fututre. He also retrims gear knobs if you need that done too.

If you want to see it in person I’ll be at Cars & Coffee tomorrow with it.
    Grand i was only wondering was c&c in bray going a head! I'll pop along then!