Guys little advice.

I had put a deposit on a e30 cab with a breakers in the north. Now I was warned by Mr. AndyAlpina that these guys were less than methodical which proved true. In my eagerness I gave them 500 gbp as a deposit in November 2017. I made it clear to them that is was a refundable deposit by email, got no reciept and no agreement. I left it with them, but received no update on the car for 6 weeks. The market was rising and I was getting spooked. The car I later purchased came up and was less expensive by 1000 gbp than they were asking. I was under pressure to make a decision and emailed the guys with my deposit on the 3rd Jan.....no response, emailed again two days later, no response so I cut my losses and got the other car. 1 days later the guys with the deposit emailed me to say the car was underway.

I emailed the deposit guys and told them I was out. No response.

I emailed again asking for a response and they sent me a snotty email asking what I was after.

"Hi Maurice,
What response is it that you are seeking? We can acknowledge the email if you like, but it rather seems that that was the termination of the agreement.
Best regards,"

I said I was after my deposit or part thereof. They contend in our agreement (?) it was non refundable even though I emailed them that is was not and they did not contest this at the time is sent the deposit.

So my question is
1. Do I get cross or not, I see both sides here?
2. Do I name and shame...if there is shame to name?
3. Do I level poor feedback on the forums and other social media they are active on.

Advice needed please, I am not that terribly fussed and realize this is of my own making. What do you think.