Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piano black E46 M3 interior trim options?

BMWHaus Guru

Piano black E46 M3 interior trim options?

I've just picked up some titanium plated smg gear knob gaiter ring sat nav buttons and handbrake from storm motorwerks I looking at replacing the brushed aluminium trim in the M3, has anyone dipped or painted their existing trim with good results?

Also had a look at the eventuri air intake kit anyone here got any advice or experience with the kit? I know it's not as balls out as the evolve or karbonious but seems to give a nice not over the top sound.

Sent from my TRT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillipepper View Post
    I've just picked up some titanium plated smg gear knob gaiter ring sat nav buttons and handbrake from storm motorwerks I looking at replacing the brushed aluminium trim in the M3, has anyone dipped or painted their existing trim with good results?

Also had a look at the eventuri air intake kit anyone here got any advice or experience with the kit? I know it's not as balls out as the evolve or karbonious but seems to give a nice not over the top sound.

Yes, I have. Got it done by Lovett on m3 cutters. I’m very happy with it. It’s a better job than I’ve seen others do. I’m sure I have some pics somewhere

BMWHaus Contributor
    I got my interior trims resprayed in titanium shadow by a guy on the M3cutters forum. His name is Liam, username Lovatt. He will do piano black as well. See this thread for an example: http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=158156

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Yes, I have. Got it done by Lovett on m3 cutters. I’m very happy with it. It’s a better job than I’ve seen others do. I’m sure I have some pics somewhere
    Thanks John, it's looks a fantastic finish if done right. I think it would look be a nice contrast against the red leather

Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by doyleeoin View Post
    I got my interior trims resprayed in titanium shadow by a guy on the M3cutters forum. His name is Liam, username Lovatt. He will do piano black as well. See this thread for an example: http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=158156
    Thank you, I'll shoot him a pm.

BMWHaus Guru

BMWHaus Contributor
    I had an Eventuri kit on my car when they came out a few years ago. It did give a nice induction noise alright. It wasn't very loud, but it was loud enough that when I removed it I really noticed the exhaust note again.

I didn't really give any performance gains, none that I could feel anyway.

I sold it after a year as I felt the money could be put to better use. I bought mine second hand though and got all my money back on it so that's a good option if you just want to try it out.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post

That exactly what I am after John looks very well.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillipepper View Post
    That exactly what I am after John looks very well.

Thanks, and it’s nice and durable too.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by doyleeoin View Post
    I had an Eventuri kit on my car when they came out a few years ago. It did give a nice induction noise alright. It wasn't very loud, but it was loud enough that when I removed it I really noticed the exhaust note again.

I didn't really give any performance gains, none that I could feel anyway.

I sold it after a year as I felt the money could be put to better use. I bought mine second hand though and got all my money back on it so that's a good option if you just want to try it out.
    It would be more so for the induction noise than power gains, it did sound good on the YouTube comparison video I watched, I may bite the bullet and go for the karbonious unit at a later stage.