I'm looking at starting a part time course to get into IT, I was initially going straight to CCNA but was advised to do Network+ first for fundamentals. I had a look at www.nightcourses.com and there's various options and prices in general, and was wondering if anybody has any advice or recommendations for a particular course or college etc I do want to do it in person rather than in my own time and I'm trying to figure out if it's better to pay 1950 and do it in 1 week full time Monday to Friday, or to pay half that and do it 1 evening a week over 10 weeks or if that's stretching it out too much, and do those prices sound about right? Any info/tips/advice is appreciated really. Is Network+ first really the way to go?

I'm working full time now but wouldn't mind taking some time (week or 2) off for a course, or evenings and weekends are totally fine as well.

For those that are in the field, is networking still the way to go in terms of opportunities in IT or is it better to explore other areas (cloud etc..)?

I'm into tech and I have a sound engineering degree so have a reasonable knowledge base. I got into coding for a while as well so have some basic knowledge there.