Peter - you know the m4 is basically the same car turned up to 11. The engine sound, the nervous laughter when accelerating and the torque letting you be lazy, and with the reliability issues mostly ironed out. When I test drove the M4 the thing I though was this is just like I remember my 335i, so i immediately put my money down and arranged to sell that spare kidney. I did find the ride improved once off the runfalts, but by god mine had so little travel in the shocks. I remember doing a lot of motorway miles at the time, and I would play a game where I would try not hit the cats eyes with either axel so jarring was the sensation, maybe it was lowered of something I dont know.

Maybe it was the way I lost the 335i (it was stolen and burnt out), but I have such a soft spot for it. I have a picture of me and it on my office wall. Its not a future classic, but I cannot think of better motoring for the money, and in a lot of ways its a better choice than the e92 m3 if you not after the raw m car feeling. Coming from a Clio the op will see a night and day difference in build and interior quality, and performance on another level all together.