Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
I have an active contact number if anybody wants it - got two whats app messages out of the blue today today in response to my post here about the 997 which it would seem was "not cool" and the details of it were "bollox".
Hi Maurice, I am sorry to hear that over a year later you decided that you were not happy with the work done to your 911.

You dropped your car on Saturday morning, 2nd of July 2016 at my house
The car was finished later that day and you arrived back at the garage at 8.30pm
So I am not sure at what stage I was running late since you dropped the car at my place and you picked it up in the evening. Doing radio and amplifier and speakers install in a 911 all in one day is exceptional.

The next morning at 9am on the 3rd of July you sent me a message stating the car would not lock.
I came in the afternoon to see if I could fix that issue. I did not figure it out so I sent my buddy on Monday evening who managed to fix it, it turned out a switch in the door card was reversed. That was fixed on the 4th of July.

There was never warning lights on the dash, maybe you had 1 warning about the central locking for 24h at best since that was fixed the next day.

Now initially you went for a Pioneer DA120 radio and it turned out to be a poor choice as we had issues. So I suggested changing the radio for a better model and you only paid the difference. This new radio was much more powerful and had more features such as DAB and you were delighted with it.

We had issues still with the sound and as far as I remember it turned out to be RCA plugs reversed between the front and rear input/output. Mistakes do happen.

All in all by the 7th of July 2016 all was resolved. There was no ground issue like you said. All connections are solid and done properly.

I do not recall having damaged your leather, nor do I recall you mentionning it, had I damaged anything I would have offered a repair, compensation of some sort. I have the all thread of messages, not a single mention of it.

There was never 3 weekends involved. Nor there was people queing to get their issues fixed while you were there. Not sure where that come from?

Anyway months later I got text from you stating you were happy and stereo sound great and you thanked me again for the great work

In 02.2017 you were even about to contact me you said to get some work done to your 640d, but looks like you changed the car too quick.

Always 2 sides to a story...if you were that unhappy and upset why not letting me know instead of sending me messages months later to thank me for the great sound system and work?