Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best driving roads in or around Co. Dublin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Best driving roads in or around Co. Dublin

Any suggestions? Would be great if you mention something one can put into google maps

BMWHaus Contributor
    I love the run between Glendalough and Hollywood. Then on to Blessington. The Road had a good surface and little traffic, there is long lines of sight that allow you to use all the road. You can drive most spiritedly

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/Holly...918211!1m0!3e0

Sally gaps and old one but a good one, problem is the road surface so our sporty supension can cause some lack of confidence.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I love the run between Glendalough and Hollywood. Then on to Blessington. The Road had a good surface and little traffic, there is long lines of sight that allow you to use all the road. You can drive most spiritedly

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/Holly...918211!1m0!3e0

Sally gaps and old one but a good one, problem is the road surface so our sporty supension can cause some lack of confidence.
    Nice one Moe! Cheers for the link to google maps too

Kilmacanogue to Laragh and onwards to Blessington etc is a nice blast. A few of us from the old forum got together on the odd early Sunday morning for a spin on that route...gotta emphasize early is necessary to beat the tour buses etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo View Post
    Kilmacanogue to Laragh and onwards to Blessington etc is a nice blast. A few of us from the old forum got together on the odd early Sunday morning for a spin on that route...gotta emphasize early is necessary to beat the tour buses etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We really should organise that again, sunday morning early as all hell like 6:30am or 7am. Thermos of coffee and tank of fuel, go for a blast and stop at a scenic point and talk shit for a while.

BMWHaus Contributor
    We really should organise that again, sunday morning early as all hell like 6:30am or 7am. Thermos of coffee and tank of fuel, go for a blast and stop at a scenic point and talk shit for a while.
    Saturday morning looks like good weather......

Haven't driven it in a while but there's a great road from Ashbourne to garristown in north Dublin. A very fast road with a couple of tighter twisty bits but it's the line of sight that makes it. There's basically no hedging on the road so you can see into the next two corners most of the time.

Another bonus is there is extremely little traffic on the road.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanCoupe View Post
    Haven't driven it in a while but there's a great road from Ashbourne to garristown in north Dublin. A very fast road with a couple of tighter twisty bits but it's the line of sight that makes it. There's basically no hedging on the road so you can see into the next two corners most of the time.

Another bonus is there is extremely little traffic on the road.
    Jordan can you give us a google maps on that sounds terrific..........

Jordan can you give us a google maps on that sounds terrific..........
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/as...4!2d53.5668673

Hopefully the link works! As you can see theirs a secondary road back to Ashbourne so you can do a nice loop, plenty of other really nice roads up around there as well for an early morning weekend blast I just remember that one in particular standing out from doing it in the girlfriends hyundai coupe of all things instead of the Silvia I had at the time!

BMWHaus Contributor
    Sounds to me like there is an appetite for driving meets coming into the summer.....maybe I will start a new thread. Suppose I go out early anyway on my tod, so why not put up flare and see if anyone want to join in....worst that can happen is I go on my own.

Good idea?