Hi All,

I am going to be losing my garage to a house extension in the near future. This is not a bad thing as my current garage is not ideal for storing the M3. I literally have to get ramps out every time to get it out of the garage and the opening is very narrow.

I have the opportunity to look at building a new garage and wanted to get some ideas from anyone that has maybe built their own specifically for housing cars. I would ideally like to have a wide roller door with a roof height that would allow for the installation of an in-floor scissor lift in the future if funds allow. My architect is not enamoured with the idea as she is “all about the house design” and doesn’t understand the necessity for a well designed garage. I have plenty of space around the house but I don’t want to go crazy on the size either. I was thinking of something around 5m x 6m.

I’ve looked online but not really getting any inspiration.

Budget for now is around €15K and ideally I’d like a block building but it would be tight to get it within €15k so probably need to look at alternative options.

Thought welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk