Thread: Run Flat Error

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Run Flat Error

Since I fitted the refurbed wheels to the X5 last week I’ve been getting a Run Flat error. And the Run Flat Reset fails when I do it.

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be? Are the sensors on the wheels that might need to be checked?

One thought that occurs is that the car they came off had aftermarket wheels. Would the owner have had to take the sensors off the original wheels and put them on his new ones?

Thanks
    John

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Since I fitted the refurbed wheels to the X5 last week I’ve been getting a Run Flat error. And the Run Flat Reset fails when I do it.

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be? Are the sensors on the wheels that might need to be checked?

One thought that occurs is that the car they came off had aftermarket wheels. Would the owner have had to take the sensors off the original wheels and put them on his new ones?

Thanks
    John
    Did you transfer your tyre pressure sensors from your wheels to the new wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ecooney View Post
    Did you transfer your tyre pressure sensors from your wheels to the new wheels?
    Nope, as they came off an X5 I presumed they just fit straight on. Where would they be hiding? On the rim or under the tyre?

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Nope, as they came off an X5 I presumed they just fit straight on. Where would they be hiding? On the rim or under the tyre?
    Generally the tyre pressure sensor is inside the rim behind the valve.

I would have thought you needed to transfer your TPS units from your original alloys and keeping them in the same locations on the car so that the front right TPS stays on the front right when transferred.

I can’t speak 100% that this is the case for BMW but it is with many other manufacturers.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ecooney View Post
    Generally the tyre pressure sensor is inside the rim behind the valve.

I would have thought you needed to transfer your TPS units from your original alloys and keeping them in the same locations on the car so that the front right TPS stays on the front right when transferred.

I can’t speak 100% that this is the case for BMW but it is with many other manufacturers.

The wheels had tyres on them so assumed everything was as it left the factory.

I just had a look at the wheels and they have regular rubber valves rather than original valves which incorporate the sensor. Once I saw a picture online it was clear they’re missing.

Now I have to get the tyres taken off freshly refurbed wheels 🤬🤬🤬

Go back to Martin in Rim Solutions to do it, they will make sure that you get no marks on the rims taking the tyres off and putting them back on again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk