A feature I've read a couple of times now, worthy of a share with the permission from our very own member Paddy McGrath. Serious talent, I'm sure you will agree

Your local racing circuit is a special place, yet one that is often overlooked – unless you happen to live next door to the Nordschleife. I guess it’s a case of the grass always being greener on the other side, but rarely do we give enough credit to our home circuits. I’ve shot more events at Mondello Park than I care to remember, and as such have pretty much taken the place for granted. With all the doom and gloom – financially speaking – surrounding the world of motorsport these days, it has made me looking at things differently and forced me to appreciate things more. Rather than taking Mondello for granted, I want to show you why it’s one of my favourite racing circuits anywhere in the world.

[align=center][/align]

Irish weather rarely does a photographer any favours but it’s something you grow used to. Arriving at Mondello Park on Tuesday earlier this week, the grey backdrop done the venue no favours. It was strange to arrive here and be one of the only people on site, I’m used to arriving to a paddock full of cars being unloaded and cars being prepared for scrutiny....

[align=center][/align]

.....The iconic M colours on an M1 Pro Car. This one has quite a bit of history behind it being piloted by Hans J. Stuck to a privateers title in 1979 along with a host of other success including class victories at Le Mans in 1984 and 1985. Martin Birrane, owner of Mondello, was one of those behind the wheel for the 1985 victory and managed to buy the car in 1993....

[align=center][/align]

You can read the rest of it over on Speedhunters, where Paddy is an active member of the photojournalist staff --> http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/08/the-magic-of-mondello/

Thanks Paddy!