My e90, 08 320d 138k miles, has started to have an intermittent fault. With cruise control active at motorway speed a warning flashes on the dash, triangle in a circle, and it feels like someone hits the brakes or the engine cuts for an instant. Little disconcerting especially if your overtaking at the time. First time it happened for about a second and then power was restored and continued as normal. Happened again at the weekend but this time it continued for about 5min and car decelerated down the about 50kmph. The only thing in common with both occurrences was cruise was active. Has not happened when driving without cruise active.

The previous owner mentioned he had an abs warning light and had an abs sensor shimmed out with a washer to cure it. I didn’t understand at the time but I think now it may have been because of a corroded abs ring.

So just wanted to know if a corroded abs ring would cause these issues and would Meyle brand half shafts be good quality replacements as I’ll assume the abs rings are fubar at this stage. Also anyone around here supply these?