I have an e92 325i over a year now and really like it. Wanted an Msport Manual in a dark colour but as you say there are feck all about, bought an SE and basically msported it myself since. I obviously can’t speak for the 20i but mine has been super reliable, only had to put a set of shocks and pads all round into it bar normal servicing. Very comfy, handles well with H&R springs with msport shocks and decentish power for everyday cruising, could imagine a 20i being a tad underpowered? Fantastic brakes from factory as well.

They are very cheap to buy in petrols.

Cons would be;
Crap audio like most beemers even with upgraded factory option, iv gone aftermarket since.

The 325i is noticibly thirstier than a 46 325 I had, again maybe not applicable to you.

Horrible gearing!!! My biggest annoyance comes down to the diff; it’s got really long gearing so doesn’t make the best of a good engine and LSD choices are either m3 back end or aftermarket, both expensive and neither ideal.

Overall it’s been a very nice car to own and run. It’s the longest I’ve held onto a “normal” car too so that says a lot!