Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mechanic with coding tool

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_dracula View Post
    Surprisingly quick thanks to the instant pull of the electric motors, new model out this year though...
    How do you find the whole electric "thing"? Had a friend who had a F10 got a loaner of a 330e when he was planning a change in the near future and decided to take the 330e, had it for a few days and ended up bringing it back for a 420D, couldn't deal with the need for constant charging.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiem74 View Post
    How do you find the whole electric "thing"? Had a friend who had a F10 got a loaner of a 330e when he was planning a change in the near future and decided to take the 330e, had it for a few days and ended up bringing it back for a 420D, couldn't deal with the need for constant charging.
    Nah I'm done with the diesels yuk. The charging never bothered me, had charger at work too, you just get used to it, don't even think about it anymore. The 530e and new G20 330e have wireless charging anyway so no need for plug (if you want to fork out 2.5k for the charger of course)
    If the i4 would have been out sooner might have gone for that.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Niiice. How are your coding skills at present? There's about 70 bhp hidden on my 330e which I know it's there since it has the same engine as the 330i
    Do you know someone that has done this? I’ve a friend with a 330e that’s interested if it’s possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Nah I'm done with the diesels yuk. The charging never bothered me, had charger at work too, you just get used to it, don't even think about it anymore. The 530e and new G20 330e have wireless charging anyway so no need for plug (if you want to fork out 2.5k for the charger of course)
    If the i4 would have been out sooner might have gone for that.
    What kind of distance do you get on electric?

BMWHaus Guru
    Niiice. How are your coding skills at present? There's about 70 bhp hidden on my 330e which I know it's there since it has the same engine as the 330i
    I’ve a soft spot for the 330e, there’s a few 330/530e at work now and they are owned by non-car people but they love them, nice power when you need it and a fully electric commute. 2019 is thevyer of the Hybrid, there’s a good few supercar hybrids coming out too this year.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiem74 View Post
    What kind of distance do you get on electric?
    20-25 depending on A/C or heating usage and other bits and also cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    I’ve a soft spot for the 330e, there’s a few 330/530e at work now and they are owned by non-car people but they love them, nice power when you need it and a fully electric commute. 2019 is thevyer of the Hybrid, there’s a good few supercar hybrids coming out too this year.
    I also test drove the i8 and all I have to say is wow.

Quote Originally Posted by ecooney View Post
    Do you know someone that has done this? I’ve a friend with a 330e that’s interested if it’s possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a bunch of companies that do this now but will probably swap it for the G20 when it comes out later in the year so no point doing anything unless I keep the car.

https://www.ziptuning.com/blog/tunin...-iperformance/
    http://www.venturatuning.nl/chiptuni...2-pk-phev.html
    https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=902090