Thread: VRT on e46 or e92

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

VRT on e46 or e92

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been discussed before (I suspect it has) but I haven't been able to find anything recent.

I've been considering getting either a facelift e46 or a pre-LCI e92 (probably no newer than 2008 to avail of the lower tax regime). Naturally I'm looking at the UK second hand market.

I imported my last car (2013 e92 320d) and found the process to be pretty easy. My only issue with importing an M3 of course is there is no certainty around the quantum I'm likely to have to pay because these cars have for some reason been removed from the VRT calculator website. To be fair to Revenue (), I can almost understand why they are reluctant to give estimates because these cars have gotten to a stage where some subjective/intangible factors can have a significant effect on value (e.g. whether an e46 is a manual or SMG, coupe or vert, etc.).

Has anyone imported either of these cars recently or have any idea of what kind of OMSP Revenue are valuing them at right now? It's very difficult to estimate this given the tiny pool of reference cars in Ireland and for the reasons I mentioned above.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Vrt recently on an 07 e92 me was 7500. Also a recent rebate on an 04 e46 m5 was 4500 so vrt be around the same.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    recent for E92 ? when ? last one I know was 10k !!!!
    Motor Confidence-14b Knockmitten lane,Western ind est ,Naas road D12

BMWHaus Contributor
    About 4 months ago, i think 07s are cheaper as never any for sale here and there cheaper in uk. He filled up the valuation form an fave examples in uk. And had a receipt for what he paid which was about 12k stg i think

BMWHaus Guru
    Interesting, thanks. Assuming 36% VRT that puts their OMSP at €12,500 for a 2004 e46 and just under €21k for the 2007 e92. Both lower than I expected actually.