Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: e46 or e92 M3

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    No it wouldn't. There's been a load of cars similar to that move for in or around the 20k mark.

Higher spec cars with 50k miles move for 15k to 17k + €8k ish VRT.

Put 20k miles on that car and you won't be able to give it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don't remember seeing any for the 20k mark but then again I'm not too familiar with this model. Closest one was the '07 Alpine White with similar mileage and I think Mark's (Rebel Ranter) friend used to own.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    Don't remember seeing any for the 20k mark but then again I'm not too familiar with this model. Closest one was the '07 Alpine White with similar mileage and I think Mark's (Rebel Ranter) friend used to own.
    Marks brother in laws old car was up for that but I think it moved for less. I'm not sure what kind of condition it's in now, there was one sold in Wexford for €12k + VRT

Another black one with some tarted up bits that was for sale for €14k plus VRT but he sold it in the end off €10k

There's a silverstone car for sale for £12k sterling that's been at that price for months.

My plan is still to buy an E92 M3 too but it's not gonna be long before an M2 is gonna be €40k and I think over a 4 year ownership period, it will work out the same cost as a 25k E92 M3.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Marks brother in laws old car was up for that but I think it moved for less. I'm not sure what kind of condition it's in now, there was one sold in Wexford for €12k + VRT

Another black one with some tarted up bits that was for sale for €14k plus VRT but he sold it in the end off €10k

There's a silverstone car for sale for £12k sterling that's been at that price for months.

My plan is still to buy an E92 M3 too but it's not gonna be long before an M2 is gonna be €40k and I think over a 4 year ownership period, it will work out the same cost as a 25k E92 M3.

The white 07 one ended up back on galway, a mate of mine has it now. And that black one in tipp... he had it up for 16k on uk reg. Very little history and was a cat c write off in uk. I offered 10 for it an he gave me all sorts of abuse! 6 months later he took 10 for it.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I know the guy who had the black one, did he know it was a Cat C i wonder? The guy selling the supercharged E46 bought it in the end.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenKane View Post
    Does anyone know this car: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...anual/17761425

The ad has been up for a long time (at least as long as I've been speculatively looking at M3s online) so just wondering is there any particular reason it might not be shifting?
    Nice car, and a 2 year approved used warranty worth about 3k.and a grand off in the haggle..I would have though that a good price, and it will be sold with good rubber. I would be sad to think that these would be much lower than 22k on irish plates.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

BMWHaus Guru
    Interesting fact: there are currently more M4s (8) than M3s of any generation (6) for sale on Carzone. Not that Carzone is a particularly relevant indicator of anything, but interesting nonetheless.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Open to correction here but I think more m4's were solds than m3's., I can see the pros and cons of each, but personally I think the m4 looks better although the m3 is a cool car. Older M3's are getting thin on the ground and a lot of dealers are reluctant to sell them, donedeal has a great deal more than carzone. We also got a offload of new/ nearly new m4;s in the country as BMW finish production and are giving good deals to dealers on the last of the generation cars.

The next M4/M3 G10 or whatever the designation, are due out in 3 variants at launch. A RWD only, manual pure model is 450ish bhp. A regular DCT only 4wd one with 470bhp and a competition pack one DCT only 4wd with 490 ish bhp. And both likely in M4 or M3 variants. The lineup is getting a bit crowded in my opinion. Water injection is coming to them also like the current GTS. Have a feeling all the journalists will shite on about the pure model but most punters will go comp pack and DCT 4wd.

BMWHaus Guru
    I've now reluctantly accepted that I won't be in a position to get a car this year, M or otherwise. Having spent a lot more on my wedding last year than anticipated and now trying to save for a house, it doesn't make a lot of sense financially right now (no less sense financially than her getting a huge extravagant wedding and diamond engagement ring mind you, but I don't know if that's a fight worth having...).

Realistically it will probably be this time next year at the earliest before I'm in a position to buy, so I am interested in what the market will look like then. My guess is:

E46 - Prices will continue to go up and clean models will be even rarer.

E92 - Prices will hopefully continue to drop and possibly bottom out by then. Maybe in a counter-intuitive way 2008 models will hold value slightly better relative to post-2008 models given the favourable tax treatment.

F8X - No idea... Based on current prices an M4 would likely be well out of my budget, but I wonder what kind of prices you'd be looking at in about 12-18 months?

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenKane View Post
    (no less sense financially than her getting a huge extravagant wedding and diamond engagement ring mind you, but I don't know if that's a fight worth having...).
    Defo not worth having

Agree with your assessment. e46 m3 will be a 20k car for clean examples. e92 will bottom out at 18-22k, F82 will go to 50k, the sub 50k one will all have dodgy history's, I know of 3 for sale at the moment that I would touch with a barge pole, and because of the styling and tunability they will stay in high demand

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    F82 will go to 50k, the sub 50k one will all have dodgy history's, I know of 3 for sale at the moment that I would touch with a barge pole, and because of the styling and tunability they will stay in high demand
    Interesting. Are you just talking about Irish cars? From what I can see now a fair chunk of M4s in the UK have hit sub £30k, which on current exchange rates and after VRT would be around or maybe just under €50k. I would like to hope that within 12-18 months more of the decent UK cars might start to approach the mid £20k range and VRT would decrease proportionately, in which case you might be looking at closer to €40k all in?
    Last edited by CitizenKane; 26-02-19 at 15:42.