Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: e46 or e92 M3

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    Is insurance that expensive on these now? Last time I insured my M, it was around €630 iirc
    About €150 now

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    About €150 now
    Is it still possible to get a classic policy on an e46 if older than 15 years?

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by nige View Post
    I’m sure I read somewhere lately that Autoline stopped doing it in Jan of this year and that it’s now back to 20 years old.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by nige View Post
    If you have a car on a classic policy with First Ireland that is 20 years or older they will consider one over 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by doyleeoin View Post
    I’m sure I read somewhere lately that Autoline stopped doing it in Jan of this year and that it’s now back to 20 years old.
    Correct.

BMWHaus Guru
    Well nearly a year after posting this thread and I am not much closer to actually getting one of these cars - wedding, saving for a house, the usual story.

Still keeping an eye on the market regularly and it's always interesting reading. All things going to plan I hope to be in a position to get a car around this time next year. I wonder what F80/82 prices are going to look like then -an M4 might well be a more attractive ownership proposition at that point than either of the two previous generations.

BMWHaus Contributor
    An m3/m4 is going to be 40-50k for a 142 or 151 private...with no sign of the new model till 2021 prices are not going to go down, once they start taking orders for the new one you will see a flood on the market (I plan an upgrade and will sell my m4 privately beforehand but only once I have a allocation). My e46 is a delight and has been very reliable. I am pleased to have one that I know has all the bits done and I can sit on. e92's remains a value choice, and I have not seen them shift much in value the last while. The F8x will be twice the price of either of the older cars so two very different propositions.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    An m3/m4 is going to be 40-50k for a 142 or 151 private
    That definitely sounds right considering the price of Irish cars for sale in Ireland right now. However if/when I do buy it will almost certainly be from the UK. Based on the likes of AutoTrader, there are already quite a lot going for between £26-30k GBP, which after VRT of around €14k (for a 142) makes it a c. 45k car already. Maybe the ones I'm looking at are priced like this for a reason, but they're not necessarily high mileage. Do you not think prices will move at all from that?

BMWHaus Contributor
    Not really until the new model is out, which from my sources is looking like 2022 before customer cars land. There will be a m2 cs in the mean time. Would you consider a m2??
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

BMWHaus Guru
    Did someone say M2?

M2s are great.

I love M2s.

Buy an M2.

Do it.

M2.

BMWHaus Guru
    It hadn't really occurred to me... but I suppose I certainly would!