Quote Originally Posted by rls View Post
I had an E92 M3 for 8 years putting about 80k miles on it and it averaged out at 20mpg, while I didn't drive it like a maniac I got the best out of it. As said when you sit down and figure out how much the difference in fuel economy is I am sure it is negligible at current petrol prices.
Obviously it is a car that you need the have eyes wide open on when buying, mine was very well maintained from day one and the only issues I had was the throttle actuator replacement that most people seem to have had to do (not cheap) and a couple of coils, apart from that it nothing mechanically went wrong. Had oil analysis done before I sold it and no issues pointing to rod bearing wear. If buying one I would be putting all the emphasis on getting as clean an example as possible, the rod bearing issue does seem overstated but something to consider.

I had a manual which I could see being a bit painful if in a stop start commute daily however it never bothered me, the engine is so special in every day traffic that just randomly blipping the throttle to wake people up made any discomfort worth it.

Had situations allowed I would have stored the car and kept it, while there are more dynamic cars out there the engine is something that won’t be seen again and in general it is a great way to experience it in such a relatively practical car.
That's a great post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro