Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW First

BMWHaus Contributor
    The idea was people would subscribe and not use the service, the reality was people signed up got what they needed and then cancelled. BMW will be scrambling to get rid of this soon enough.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by NickThePartsGuy View Post
    the free bulb deal doesn't include xenon bulbs
    just had it confirmed earlier on today after I had a customer asking

a lot of people are annoyed over this (myself included as it was one of the big reasons I got the basic package)
    Where did you hear this? I spoke to a service advisor in Frank Keane Blackrock last week and he confirmed that Xenons ARE included.
    Current: '03 E46 Individual M3 Cabrio, ‘00 E38 740i Sport.

Previous: '05 E46 Individual 320Cd Coupe, '01 E38 Individual 728i, '98 E36/7 Z3 1.9, '98 E36 323i Sport Coupe, '97 E36 318i Cabrio, '05 E53 X5 3.0i Sport, 2010 E89 Z4 S-Drive 23i and '01 E36/7 Z3 2.2i Sport

BMWHaus Contributor
    So my colleagues boyfriend has an F11 touring. His rear suspension airbag failed and the car looks like a low-rider! Into Frank Keanes where they diagnosed faulty rear bag along with a littany of servicing work including front discs and pads and rear discs plus two dangerously bald tyres. Total bill came to €2,200 retail. I had him signed up to BMW First AFTER the car went in for the work and when he told them he was a member there was an instant 20% discount applied.

Its a GREAT service and i'd recommend it to anyone.

That being said, my father is due a service on his X3 and couldnt get a slot until the end of January when he called last week so something really has to happen in the world of BMW Servicing in South Dublin otherwise people are gonna get seriously pissed off.
    Current: '03 E46 Individual M3 Cabrio, ‘00 E38 740i Sport.

Previous: '05 E46 Individual 320Cd Coupe, '01 E38 Individual 728i, '98 E36/7 Z3 1.9, '98 E36 323i Sport Coupe, '97 E36 318i Cabrio, '05 E53 X5 3.0i Sport, 2010 E89 Z4 S-Drive 23i and '01 E36/7 Z3 2.2i Sport

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISHD M3 View Post
    So my colleagues boyfriend has an F11 touring. His rear suspension airbag failed and the car looks like a low-rider!
    Owing to the BMW engineers utmost belief in their engineering prowess, this will surely be picked up within the Korean-esque 7 year warranty.

Oh, wait.....
    Last edited by Big H; 18-12-18 at 12:49.
    Current Daily: 2008 Lexus GS300 Sport F/L
    Current: E39 525i M Sport (Titan Silver)
    Previous: E34 520i SE (Orient Blue)

If only the Koreans could make a clutch and gearbox from materials other than chocolate....

Quote Originally Posted by IRISHD M3 View Post
    Where did you hear this? I spoke to a service advisor in Frank Keane Blackrock last week and he confirmed that Xenons ARE included.
    had a chat with our service advisors and manager about it here in keanes naas road

the person who was over the scheme being introduced in bmw Ireland isn't involved with it anymore
    new crowd who took it over took xenons off the list

Got new wipers fitted to the M last week - no problem.
    E92 M3

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by NickThePartsGuy View Post
    new crowd who took it over took xenons off the list
    Assuming you've entered into a contract when signing up, then any major changes to the terms/conditions of the provision of goods/services within that contract can only be made with your express permisson, no ?

Removing xenons from new contracts is fine, but not existing ones....
    Current Daily: 2008 Lexus GS300 Sport F/L
    Current: E39 525i M Sport (Titan Silver)
    Previous: E34 520i SE (Orient Blue)

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Big H View Post
    Assuming you've entered into a contract when signing up, then any major changes to the terms/conditions of the provision of goods/services within that contract can only be made with your express permisson, no ?

Removing xenons from new contracts is fine, but not existing ones....
    .....the fine print will cover that I bet. “Everything that’s included is covered by our terms and conditions, and out terms and conditions are subject to change”.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    The idea was people would subscribe and not use the service, the reality was people signed up got what they needed and then cancelled. BMW will be scrambling to get rid of this soon enough.
    They must have very stupid marketing people so if they thought that offering free replacement wipers and xenon bulbs for as little as €5 per month wouldn't generate a lot of interest, especially when offering the first month's subscription free. Surely it was quite obvious to even the dogs on the street that giving people the first month free would attract subscribers who will take full advantage of getting their free stuff and then cancel their subscription once the trial period expired.