Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: BMW First

I got a new battery with the discount in joe duffy and fitted myself
    Last edited by tonyd; 14-10-19 at 10:13.

Quote Originally Posted by bazz26 View Post
    Yep, even when you go to get a new set of wipers under BMW First, you have to wait for the dealer to fit them. You cannot just stroll into the parts department and collect them over the counter free of charge to fit them yourself.
    this

I had a few lads in for wipers and they had to wait to get them fitted (granted its only a 10 minute wait but its still annoying)
    reason is because the invoicing is done internally as the 20% we discount has to be claimed for in a similar way we do a warranty invoice
    we need to do a key read of the car with each invoice for bmws records of payment.thats why we need to fit the part on site

bit awkward on bmws part but from someone whos worked with bmw for 14 years they pride themselves on being awkward

BMWHaus Guru
    I think a lot of people would have joined this based on the premise that there would be 20% discount on parts without the need to be fitted by bmw themselves. I should have read the fine print but I still need to get my wipers replaced and my xenons are about to turn 14 years old so it's a no-brainer for me!

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by NickThePartsGuy View Post
    this

I had a few lads in for wipers and they had to wait to get them fitted (granted its only a 10 minute wait but its still annoying)
    reason is because the invoicing is done internally as the 20% we discount has to be claimed for in a similar way we do a warranty invoice
    we need to do a key read of the car with each invoice for bmws records of payment.thats why we need to fit the part on site

bit awkward on bmws part but from someone whos worked with bmw for 14 years they pride themselves on being awkward
    He he! We deal with the guys at HQ who make the awkward systems you use. I can see why it's awkward!

BMWHaus Guru
    Subscription T&C are changing with effect from 1st July. More expensive and the parts and labour discount is reducing, plus no more washes at the dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Man, I was crossing my fingers and praying I'd see a return of the BMW First Fleet program... Disappointed...

A new fleet with an M8 Competition, Z4 M40i, and maybe an X7 (just to see what it's like driving a 3 bed semi detached on wheels would be like ) would be cool.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I cancelled a few months ago as I was looking at 8-10 week wait for any work in Frank Keane’s and the wash they did was atrocious. I’m pretty sure this bump is a way to disincentivise subscribers.
    Current: '03 E46 Individual M3 Cabrio, ‘00 E38 740i Sport.

Previous: '05 E46 Individual 320Cd Coupe, '01 E38 Individual 728i, '98 E36/7 Z3 1.9, '98 E36 323i Sport Coupe, '97 E36 318i Cabrio, '05 E53 X5 3.0i Sport, 2010 E89 Z4 S-Drive 23i and '01 E36/7 Z3 2.2i Sport

BMWHaus Guru
    I cancelled on the X5 a while back. After a free set of wipers it wasn’t attractive.