Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW First

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

BMW First

I had a promotional email from BMW last night about BMW First. Has anyone subscribed to this, and if so, what are your thoughts or experiences?

It doesn't appear that there are age restrictions, etc., so I'm contemplating if it might be useful for the 530i. With a monthly hand car wash (being a lazy bugger the thought of someone else doing this appeals ) and fluid top-ups it could justify the monthly price of the highest level of offering on their own, anything extra such as wiper blades, etc. would be a bonus.
    Current: BMW 530e M-Sport - '17, BMW 630i Sport auto - '07, BMW 325i Coupe - '93, BMW Z4 2.5si Auto - '07, '90 BMW 316i Lux.

Previous: BMW 328i Coupe - '96, BMW 530i SE auto - '07, BMW 530i Sport auto - '02, BMW 318i SE Touring - '07, BMW 330Ci Sport - '04, BMW 520d SE - '11, BMW 523i SE - '00, BMW 328i SE Touring - '00, BMW 523i SE - '97, BMW 323i SE - '98, 330Ci - '00, 325i Coupe - '93, 318Ci - '01, 316iSE - '98, 325iSE 2dr - '91, 320i Conv - '91, 325i Coupe - '92, 320i 2dr - '91.

BMWHaus Guru
    Was discussed HERE already....
    Current Daily: 2008 Lexus GS300 Sport F/L
    Current: E39 525i M Sport (Titan Silver)
    Previous: E34 520i SE (Orient Blue)

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by dergside View Post
    I had a promotional email from BMW last night about BMW First. Has anyone subscribed to this, and if so, what are your thoughts or experiences?

It doesn't appear that there are age restrictions, etc., so I'm contemplating if it might be useful for the 530i. With a monthly hand car wash (being a lazy bugger the thought of someone else doing this appeals ) and fluid top-ups it could justify the monthly price of the highest level of offering on their own, anything extra such as wiper blades, etc. would be a bonus.
    I'm a member at the upper level, here are my pros and cons:

Pro: 5c off per litre in Topaz/Circle K

Con: You have to sign up to a fuel card account with them which bills your account by direct debit. Also Circle K and Topaz tend to be more expensive than Applegreen anyway.....

Pro: Free top level car wash with Topaz/Circle K once a month.

Con: Its a brush wash, i'd never take a nice car through one of those. Fine for my X5 hack though.

Pro: Free BMW mini-valet once a month.

Con: You have to book it in with your local dealer which for me (Frank Keane Blackrock) meant waiting three weeks. Then they wont confirm a time slot so you can be waiting around the dealer for hours. The first one I got was also really poor, they never dried the car with a chamois and missed lots of ingrained dirt. You would get a better job at one of those dodgy side of the road washes for a tenner.

Pro: Free Bulbs. There is no con here, if you need a Xenon headlight bulb you get it, fitted and all. I havent needed one of those yet but they replaced a reg plate bulb while I waited.

Pro: Discount on parts and lifestyle from main dealer - you can probably negotiate that yourself but its good to know its guaranteed.

Overall I definitely think it is worth it and I have heard that there will also be some form of loyalty events maybe launches or something like that for members. I recommend it to anyone and I think the Black Friday promo gives 3 months free which is nice!
    Current: '03 E46 Individual M3 Cabrio, ‘00 E38 740i Sport.

Previous: '05 E46 Individual 320Cd Coupe, '01 E38 Individual 728i, '98 E36/7 Z3 1.9, '98 E36 323i Sport Coupe, '97 E36 318i Cabrio, '05 E53 X5 3.0i Sport, 2010 E89 Z4 S-Drive 23i and '01 E36/7 Z3 2.2i Sport

I signed up for it when they were doing a tener a month for the top level one. Got the car serviced last week and got the free wipers. The 20% off applies to all parts so could be a big saving if you've something on your shopping list(performance exhaust anyone )

Not proven but I'm reasonably sure if you were to cancel you could still keep using the fuel card, so the lady in the Circle K call centre said.

The Topaz car wash is a waste for me, my OCD would go nuts looking at the scrapy brushes and even not pushed about the BMW one.

They must have big plans for it wih the constant push, get folks used to subscription paying.

They have a friend referral so make sure to let one of us 'friends' know if you are signing up https://www.bmw-first.ie/home?openref

I signed up for it. As luck would have it, both headlights had blown within a day of each other so it needed doing fairly promptly. Called to the local dealer thinking it'd be just a 10 minute job. Not the case. Make an appointment, key read.. etc...

When I explained that I hadn't the time to wait around that I was going to go to a motor factor's, they fitted me in. Took about an hour, didnt wait around for the valet.

good service im on the basic package myself (I bribe the lads with chicken fillet rolls to get a valet so no need for the bigger option)
    for 5 quid a month it covers a change of wipers once a year and any bulbs that go so it will pay for itself over the year

the free bulb deal doesn't include xenon bulbs
    just had it confirmed earlier on today after I had a customer asking

a lot of people are annoyed over this (myself included as it was one of the big reasons I got the basic package)

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by NickThePartsGuy View Post
    the free bulb deal doesn't include xenon bulbs
    just had it confirmed earlier on today after I had a customer asking

a lot of people are annoyed over this (myself included as it was one of the big reasons I got the basic package)
    Where did you hear this? I spoke to a service advisor in Frank Keane Blackrock last week and he confirmed that Xenons ARE included.
    Current: '03 E46 Individual M3 Cabrio, ‘00 E38 740i Sport.

Previous: '05 E46 Individual 320Cd Coupe, '01 E38 Individual 728i, '98 E36/7 Z3 1.9, '98 E36 323i Sport Coupe, '97 E36 318i Cabrio, '05 E53 X5 3.0i Sport, 2010 E89 Z4 S-Drive 23i and '01 E36/7 Z3 2.2i Sport

Quote Originally Posted by IRISHD M3 View Post
    Where did you hear this? I spoke to a service advisor in Frank Keane Blackrock last week and he confirmed that Xenons ARE included.
    had a chat with our service advisors and manager about it here in keanes naas road

the person who was over the scheme being introduced in bmw Ireland isn't involved with it anymore
    new crowd who took it over took xenons off the list

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by NickThePartsGuy View Post
    new crowd who took it over took xenons off the list
    Assuming you've entered into a contract when signing up, then any major changes to the terms/conditions of the provision of goods/services within that contract can only be made with your express permisson, no ?

Removing xenons from new contracts is fine, but not existing ones....
    Current Daily: 2008 Lexus GS300 Sport F/L
    Current: E39 525i M Sport (Titan Silver)
    Previous: E34 520i SE (Orient Blue)