Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW First

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru
    Wow take it easy lads

It’s a top up of all fluids, and you don’t have to go specifically for it. I brought the e39 for a valet at Joe Duffy after the Scotland trip (you’re entitled to 1 a month) knowing it could use an oil top up, and picked it up later spotless with a 0.5 Litre oil top up and windscreen wash topped up too (not that it was the reason I went).

Edit: here are some photos (any excuse )

BMWHaus Guru
    Well that makes more sense, I guess! Peter, your car is just perfect. Such a timeless shape

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    Well that makes more sense, I guess! Peter, your car is just perfect. Such a timeless shape
    Yea, BMW First really works for me. I've made use of the bulb and wiper replacements already, saved on service costs, it saves me oil top up and wash/valet costs, and the fuel discount is a bonus too. The fleet is the icing on the cake

Cheers, Shane! Mr Nagashima did an amazing job he designed the e36 and the e39, 2 of my favourite looking BMWs!

Slight tangent... I never think of the e39 as an old car in my mind, but watching videos like this really makes you realise it's a product of a different time! What an excellent car for still being perfectly useable as a daily driver in 2019!

BMWHaus Contributor
    I'd say the lads in there actually enjoyed working on the Peter.
    2014 Alpine White 520d MSport Plus
    2016 Fluid Black i3 94Ah

BMWHaus Guru
    I think the E39 is ageing incredibly well. Definitely a high point looks and engineering wise for BMW.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I can attest that the BMW screen-wash is excellent stuff....would be inconvenient for me to book in with a dealer, but when I drop mine off for its wipers etc...I will be sure to drain the screen wash first to get my free refill.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

For anyone who was interested in renting the BMW First Fleet Experience cars. I rang them today to see what dates were available and it looks like the program is coming to an end so no more booking being taken going forward. The current cars are scheduled to go back and be sold on through the dealer network. The M2 is booked out until the end of May at which time it will return to BMW and the 440i and X3 M40i seem to be going back sooner. Apparently the uptake wasn't what BMW Ireland had anticipated so they reckon BMW probably won't continue with replacing the current cars with other models. I guess there wasn't enough serious interest to make it financially worth their while offering these cars here.

A bit gutted now that I didn't book one long before now but there you go. In fairness the guy I was talking to on the phone was sound and very apologetic. They gave me 3 months free subscription for my troubles anyway.

BMWHaus Guru
    They probably couldn't afford to keep replacing the tyres on the M2 I think I will still subscribe though - my xenons are 13 years old at this stage!

BMWHaus Guru
    That’s a real shame and a bit unbelievable that people didn’t think to rent them at such a low price! Tyres on the M2 could be a genuine reason though!

BMWHaus Guru
    I’m thinking of signing up for BMW First as the X5 needs wipers and getting them free is more attractive than €100 or so. I see there’s a referral programme that gives an extra months free to both people. So does anyone want to refer me?