Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW Aux-In Cable for BMW Business CD Player

BMW Aux-In Cable for BMW Business CD Player

Looking for the genuine BMW aux-in cable, part number 65120153501. PM me if you have one.

BMWHaus Guru
    Hello.

I can't help but I am in the same boat as you - out of interest is there a particular reason you are looking for an OEM one rather than an aftermarket one? Will it make a material difference to sound quality?

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenKane View Post
    Hello.

I can't help but I am in the same boat as you - out of interest is there a particular reason you are looking for an OEM one rather than an aftermarket one? Will it make a material difference to sound quality?
    A cheap one off ebau is the exact same...just get one with a bulky looking connector for robustness. Have a 12 euro one in my e46 works perfect and you can even xonnect it by just removing the air vents and fishong oit the taped wire with a hook.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

BMWHaus Guru
    I assumed that too when I ordered one from eBay last week. But I just tried to fit it and for some reason it doesn't work. It's connected into the socket at the back of the HU no problem but the Aux option just doesn't show up when I hit the Mode button, it just cycles between Radio and CD like before. Is this just an issue with the cable or is there some other step you need to take to get the Aux option to activate?

P.S. sorry for hijacking the thread...

BMWHaus Contributor
    For mine I plugged it in and the aux option appeared without any other intervention, this was my cable

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Car-3-5MM-AU...72.m2749.l2649

BMWHaus Guru
    Hmm. And you're connecting it to the standard Business CD head unit as well right?

This my one: https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Aux-in-Adapt...k/263445006519

It seems to fit perfectly, but then I read some things online about the cable needing to have a "300k resistor" (means nothing to me), or possibly even that the Aux option needs to be coded into the head unit.

BMWHaus Contributor
    no a professional headunit with Nav double din job....with...get this....minidisk player......

BMWHaus Guru
    Ah the minidisk, that takes me back!

Hello.

I had an OEM one in my old E46 a few years ago and it worked perfectly for the entire time I had it. The price seems to have gone up a bit since then and I figured maybe someone had one lying around. I did look at the cheap ones online but they seem to get mixed reviews.

I assumed that too when I ordered one from eBay last week. But I just tried to fit it and for some reason it doesn't work. It's connected into the socket at the back of the HU no problem but the Aux option just doesn't show up when I hit the Mode button, it just cycles between Radio and CD like before. Is this just an issue with the cable or is there some other step you need to take to get the Aux option to activate?

P.S. sorry for hijacking the thread...
    As Moe said, it should work right away, there is no additional activation required. However, not all CD radios are aux enabled. If the build date of your unit is pre 09/2002, it may be the reason it’s not working. If not, it might just be a faulty cable.