Thread: NI Road Safety Ads

BMWHaus Guru

NI Road Safety Ads

Just seen the latest one on UTV there a few minutes ago, and although it's the usual "shock tactics", the message seems to be slightly different, instead now focusing (correctly IMO) on the lack of attention many drivers show, and how this can lead to accidents

Very different to the message down here all the time, that speed is evil and the cause of everything bad in the world. Now that I'm back driving daily again, the amount of people who are clueless out on the roads around Dublin is staggering, but very few are actually speeding

Re: NI Road Safety Ads

One that really bugs me is lane changers who dont look out there window they check the driver mirror indicate and nearly plough into you if your driving alongside them as your in there blind spot :@ it gets tiring constantly thinking ahead as to what the gobshite in front will do next

BMWHaus Guru

RE: NI Road Safety Ads

At least they indicate Gar! It's scary the amount of drivers who just drift out of their lane on the M50 by a couple of feet for no apparent reason

BMWHaus Guru

If you want to see pure stupidity and lack of the general basic to driving then come spend a day at a toll plaza.

It's crazy how some people are allowed behind a wheel.

Deciding at the last minute that they want a manual lane instead of a auto lane and then swerve without looking.

Trying to reverse out of a lane and making a complete balls of it after 8 attempts.

And worst and unbelievably common is,
    oh a toll plaza I don't have any money ill just turn around and drive back up the carriageway the wrong way,
    Or oh I missed the entrance to the express lane ill just turn around and drive back up the carriageway to the entrance.

Muppets

BMWHaus Guru

I encountered someone going anti-clockwise around a roundabout the other evening. He was about to drive up the wrong side of the dual carriageway until I flashed him and he then realised he was doing something stupid. Luckily there was little traffic following me and they all slowed down as he did a u-turn