Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stag Suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Stag Suggestions

Just a quick one gents, my younger brother is taking the plunge and getting married this coming October.

He has asked me to be best man, everyone else must of said no lol.

He has just started a new job having just finished college, and is trying to pay for the wedding without a loan, the latest figure is eye-watering but it's their big day and what he wants.

He text me last week regarding stag and said he would prefer to stay in Ireland to keep his costs low, but at the end of the day he is my younger brother and I want to give him a good last hurrah.

I started a what's app group with his mates(all considerable younger and energetic than I) and have had suggestions from Vegas to Newcastle.

I'm conscious he is under pressure financially at the Mo, but I was covering his flight and accomodation if abroad?

Any recommendations both home or away appreciated.

Sent from my TRT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Guru
    Hard to beat a weekend in Galway - I came to college here nearly 20 years ago and never left the place....

Easy/cheap to get to - great pubs, clubs and plenty of events to cater for all tastes (Pallas Karting is great for the petrol-heads).

Good range of accomodation too (from really good hostels to 5*)

https://www.thestagsballs.com/stag-party-galway
    Current Daily: 2008 Lexus GS300 Sport F/L
    Current: E39 525i M Sport (Titan Silver)
    Previous: E34 520i SE (Orient Blue)

BMWHaus Contributor
    Carlingford is a mega wee town at the weekend

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin46 View Post
    Carlingford is a mega wee town at the weekend
    I organised my own brothers stag last year and we went to Carlingford. If you want to PM me I will give you the number for a fantastic house. We had 12 all in and I was able to collect €150 a head which covered food (chipper one night and steak and a pint the following), 2 nights in the house and a fridge filled with a few slabs of cans and of course the stag. Everybody had great craic and it offered something for everyone. Activities are numerous and you would need about €60 a head for something like 4 x 4 off roading. As I say PM me if you want and I can give you more details.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by James Bond Junior View Post
    I organised my own brothers stag last year and we went to Carlingford. If you want to PM me I will give you the number for a fantastic house. We had 12 all in and I was able to collect €150 a head which covered food (chipper one night and steak and a pint the following), 2 nights in the house and a fridge filled with a few slabs of cans and of course the stag. Everybody had great craic and it offered something for everyone. Activities are numerous and you would need about €60 a head for something like 4 x 4 off roading. As I say PM me if you want and I can give you more details.
    You should look at Skypark for an activity. Good for clearing the cobwebs after a night on the sauce.
    https://skypark.ie/

BMWHaus Contributor
    Won’t be as cheap as Carlingford, but Oktoberfest in Munich is great craic. Starts in September and plenty of cheap flights & things to do in Munich including BMW Welt

+1 for Munich. Was there on a stag last year and it was a brilliant location. Loads to do during the hangover/mornings (Bmw welt, old Bayern Munich football stadium is 5 minutes walk from the bmw welt and €3 to gain access for a wander about the place, the Deutsches Museum was brilliant as well although the brain and stomach was starting to fail at that stage ). We stayed in a nice basic hotel right across the road from the main train station in Munich city centre. I think the whole lot including Ryanair flights for 4 days 3 nights was around €350. I was really impressed by Munich and it made for a really memorable stag.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by xworks View Post
    ....memorable stag.
    Is that not an example of an oxmoron?
    Current: BMW 530e M-Sport - '17, BMW 630i Sport auto - '07, BMW 325i Coupe - '93, BMW Z4 2.5si Auto - '07, '90 BMW 316i Lux.

Previous: BMW 328i Coupe - '96, BMW 530i SE auto - '07, BMW 530i Sport auto - '02, BMW 318i SE Touring - '07, BMW 330Ci Sport - '04, BMW 520d SE - '11, BMW 523i SE - '00, BMW 328i SE Touring - '00, BMW 523i SE - '97, BMW 323i SE - '98, 330Ci - '00, 325i Coupe - '93, 318Ci - '01, 316iSE - '98, 325iSE 2dr - '91, 320i Conv - '91, 325i Coupe - '92, 320i 2dr - '91.

True that 😁

I had mine up in Letterkenny last july, fantastic weekend had by all and wasnt overly expensive