Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Had a couple of 530d E60’s and they were a really good car with nice power coupled with a decent engine noise for a diesel. Then I got the 535d and it was Car I kept the longest. Immense power and the surge of torque kept my entertained for a couple of years. If I had the choice it would be the 535d. I can’t really comment on any issues as they were fairly new cars when I had them so no problems. Driving around town and like a loon the 535d would give 26mpg. Add in more country drives and maybe mid to late 30’s. Always a thirstier beast than the 530d.
Well given your car history if you kept it the longest that really says it all doesn't it ��

That really seems to be a general consensus on economy, I know they apperently have endless amounts of power of torque but doesn't seem to be a great figure.

Have read the gearboxes/TC will give trouble on the pre LCI, while the LCI engines are supposed to have more chain trouble? Hard for me to believe, I personally have never heard anybody with a 6 pot diesel chain to fail.

There isn't anything really at 08+ plus for sale in the republic at the moment either to even base where the markets at.