Hi,

I’m trying to install an aux input into my e46 Business CD stereo. The stereo is post-09/2002.

I have so far tried two different aftermarket cables and in each case they fit into the back of head unit no problem but the Aux option doesn’t appear, the Mode button still only cycles between CD and Radio. I assumed the first cable I bought was just faulty, but the same issue appearing with two separate cables suggests the problem is elsewhere.

Neither of the cables are OEM so I suppose there is still a (slim) chance they both were dodgy cables.

But I’ve also read a few places that sometimes you need the stereo re-coded to allow the Aux option to show up, particularly if the battery has been replaced (incidentally I actually did have to jump the car last week so I don’t know if that’s maybe something to do with it).

Anyway, has anyone ever encountered this problem before? And if I do need to get the stereo coded is there anyone you can recommend to do it, or does this need to be done by a dealer?

Cheers