Thread: E46 Business CD Aux Input / Recoding required?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru
    Update - I finally got my hands on an OEM Aux cable and, lo and behold, it works! So the two aftermarket cables I tried before were obviously just garbage. Just another lesson to stick with OEM if you can.

Anyway, now all I need to do is figure out how to mount the Aux input into the little compartment below the stereo. The installation instructions only show you how to install it in the glove box, which seems like a pretty stupid location to me.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I have seen chaps put it in the ashtray which is a good place, or run it to the cupholders by the hand-break. Usually you need to do a little drilling. I put mine in the glovebox cause I didnt want to drill the car. The glovebox closes fine with it coming out the back, and run it under the trim along the transmission tunnel and beside the passenger seat, always there when you need it and when you want the car neat just tuck it away.

You will need to remove the headunit, aircon and trim around the transmission lever. The clips on these bit are not brittle and its a super easy job. If you have the double din nav unit, its a flippin mare to get out the first time, with its fiddly little push in both sides at the same time system.

Depends where you keep your phone I suppose. Glovebox is a 30 second job the others are not.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.