Quote Originally Posted by NickThePartsGuy View Post
ive only ever seen a handful of the electric roof ones and the control modules on them can work into the thousands if you've to do both

I have had people come in with the manual ones from time to time looking for bits like trims that go between where the rear seat would be and the roof comes down and there about Eur150 a piece
get people looking to replace parts of the rail and there anywhere from 100-300

fabric is no longer available for them aswell

also if anyone has a hardtop for one hold onto it cause there worth a small fortune at the minute
I’m stockpiling parts at the minute for the electric roof. I’ve a full spare set of motors, control modules and micro switches for the inevitable.

On the hardtop front, they can be got in the UK for around €400. The biggest issue is getting one home. Also nearly all the headliners are sagging now purely due to age as the glue on the foam backing has broken down. Also a replacement headliner is CRAZY money and hard top find someone that can do an OEM finish.

I’d have to agree that most of the good ones have now gone into long term ownership / storage. I won’t be selling mine any time soon that’s for sure.

It’s mad but 8 years ago I literally could not find a buyer for my car. It took me over 12 months to sell it and I took a big hit on it. Now there is a big demand for an E36. Plenty of people wanting to get back behind the wheel or maybe lusted after one when they were younger but couldn’t afford it. I’ve met a fair few young owners in their early 20’s who are mad about E36’s at recent Cars & Coffee events (not drifters but genuine enthusiasts).

The prices at the minute are only heading in one direction so if you manage to find a good one then grab it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk