Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Small recommended Car related Purchases

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketron View Post
    Picked up a pair of these myself, installed them during the week into both our cars. Its the right job, thanks John!
    Me too, got them last week but need to fit them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    This is a handy item which I have used a few times. Puncture repairs at home saves hassle.

Hello gentlemen, would someone please recommend a good socket set that would include Torx bits, impact socket set etc that I can get in Dublin (except Halfords one)?

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by redwin View Post
    (except Halfords one)?
    Halfords Advanced range is decent quality for the price and of course comes with a lifetime warranty. It's rumoured that Teng actually makes them for Halfords....

I've THIS set and it has been faultless (although I see it's doubled in price since I bought it 5 years ago !)
    Current Daily: 2008 Lexus GS300 Sport F/L
    Current: E39 525i M Sport (Titan Silver)
    Previous: E34 520i SE (Orient Blue)

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Big H View Post
    I've THIS set and it has been faultless (although I see it's doubled in price since I bought it 5 years ago !)
    I've had the same set for a few years. They don't get worked that hard but I have absolutely no concerns about quality or durability. As per Big H, I pretty sure I paid a lot less that that price in a sale.
    Current: BMW 530e M-Sport - '17, BMW 630i Sport auto - '07, BMW 325i Coupe - '93, BMW Z4 2.5si Auto - '07, '90 BMW 316i Lux.

Previous: BMW 328i Coupe - '96, BMW 530i SE auto - '07, BMW 530i Sport auto - '02, BMW 318i SE Touring - '07, BMW 330Ci Sport - '04, BMW 520d SE - '11, BMW 523i SE - '00, BMW 328i SE Touring - '00, BMW 523i SE - '97, BMW 323i SE - '98, 330Ci - '00, 325i Coupe - '93, 318Ci - '01, 316iSE - '98, 325iSE 2dr - '91, 320i Conv - '91, 325i Coupe - '92, 320i 2dr - '91.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Hello gentlemen, would someone please recommend a good socket set that would include Torx bits, impact socket set etc that I can get in Dublin (except Halfords one)?

Can I ask why you’d shy away from the Halfords stuff? Quality is as good as good as Teng and better in most instances. Will far outstrip draper, sealy etc.

The only way you’ll do better than Halfords quality wise is to go for Facom.

I have a set of the Halfords ratchet spanner’s and they are the exact same as gear wrench.

I’m normally a brand snob but Halfords is hard to argue with!

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey Bear View Post
    Can I ask why you’d shy away from the Halfords stuff? Quality is as good as good as Teng and better in most instances. Will far outstrip draper, sealy etc.

The only way you’ll do better than Halfords quality wise is to go for Facom.

I have a set of the Halfords ratchet spanner’s and they are the exact same as gear wrench.

I’m normally a brand snob but Halfords is hard to argue with!
    My opinion regarding Halfords tool set would be, nothing against their quality..simply I won’t use half of the items included in the box, Rachet handles l, spanner etc.. my ideal set would consists of various sockets, torx and other related bits.. but thanks for the input, much appreciated!

BMWHaus Guru

Depending on the size you're looking for the CK T4655 set is brilliant, it's been my go to socket set for about 15 years.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I use Draper as that is what is stocked in the in laws business but have started to amass some Sonic pieces and they are top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Depending on the size you're looking for the CK T4655 set is brilliant, it's been my go to socket set for about 15 years.
    Mainly to use them under the bonnet, thanks for replying