Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of selling. Thoughts, advice, suggestions and general bs talk

BMWHaus Contributor

Thinking of selling. Thoughts, advice, suggestions and general bs talk

Thinking strongly (again) about moving on the m5.
    I'm at a stage now that I have no need for a car and the m is for the last year just a toy, be it an expencive one. I've yet to do 1000 miles this year. If sold it won't be getting replaced with anything either, but I don't know how long that would last:dodgy:
    I dread even advertising it on line as I know there's nothing but muppets out there, I'm unsure if exporting it is an option as its an original Irish car and wouldn't qualify for a vrt refund afaik.
    It's easy to say keep it but its seriously depressing going to work and walking past it, I even started to drive to work the other week but tbh it was a joke, I didn't get out of third gear :blush:

So thoughts and ideas welcome, what would you do?

BMWHaus Site Sponsor

RE: Thinking of selling. Thoughts, advice, suggestions and general bs talk

If U can get real money for it, go ahead !

will it be E60? Be sure it will be more expensive to run as E39,not trying to say its not worth that or counting Your money .

Frank Keane has one for sale at 23k with 60k mls

BMWHaus Guru

The original dealer that sold the car would have paid VRT on the car so it should qualify for a VRT refund.

BMWHaus Contributor

Sell it.. Your doing the car no favours leaving it rot away. Nice ornament to have but let someone who will drive it love her

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    The original dealer that sold the car would have paid VRT on the car so it should qualify for a VRT refund.
    But isn't the vrt refund only apply to a car that was imported that is now exported?

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by God
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    But isn't the vrt refund only apply to a car that was imported that is now exported?
    Nope, it applies to any car on which VRT has been paid. They don't make it easy, you would essentially need to sell it and claim the VRT after the car has been registered in the new owners country.

BMWHaus Guru

You could always use it more?????

Just a thought!!

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by DoktorB
    You could always use it more?????

Just a thought!!
    That's the problem, totally useless mon-fri and usually fairly tied up at weekends. Trust me every chance I get I do use it but even at that its limited, the 1k this year includes the trip up to you shams in August and the odd lap or two of mondello.

BMWHaus Guru

Stick it up on pistonheads - specify that its only for sale to UK buyers - it will cut out the majority of plonkers you'll get if its advertised locally. Irish cars are priced well for the UK market, and you know you won't see your baby driving past you some day too. Getting the VRT back is a useful bit of cash to have on top of that.

^
    +1. I'll be selling the 535 in the coming months as soon as I receive a permanent company car. I'll be advertising it in the UK and not over here.

Unlike you op, I 30,000-ish miles p/a but nearly all of that is covered in a rental or company car/van which I have for a day or two. I know a 535 isn't quite in the same league as an M5 but I still see it as a great shame to see the car not in use for such long periods of time. Its a 2006 car and it hasn't even reached 100,000 miles.