Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of selling. Thoughts, advice, suggestions and general bs talk

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Thinking of selling. Thoughts, advice, suggestions and general bs talk

Similar situation to me, not really using my car (maybe a couple of thousand miles a year),
    though if I sold it, I know I'd go looking for something else (like you def would). Nothing for
    similar money is gonna come close to an E39 M5, so I'd say hang onto it.

Re: Thinking of selling. Thoughts, advice, suggestions and general bs talk

regardless of what you decide to do at least you know your not going to lose anything holding onto it it will depreciate 0% if anything it might even creep up

Why dont you pop it on bmw5.co.uk theres a good genuine buyers always sniffing round there for good quality M5's

BMWHaus Guru

Same as Gar, I'd be hanging onto it for a while. These are very much at the bottom of their depreciation curve I reckon, and there's a lot of love for them over the water (dare I say more than the E60 and possibly the E34). I think the prices are only going up from here on in, so why not stick a cover over it for the winter, then aim to use it a bit come the spring and see where you stand then. That car deserves a trip somewhere next year

BMWHaus Guru

I don't think you should sell. I've enjoyed my pax laps in it too much. You will just regret it and it would be a tough car to replace for similar money. If you have your sights set on something ya go for it or if you need the cash. Have you a new project in mind? My selfish reasons are my reasons but sell if you want it's your car.

BMWHaus Guru

Hold onto it, as said it will sell for same money months down the line, I reckon if you put it up in the UK it should sell fast with the spec and condition.

But you will want something else soon so what are you going to buy and plow money into that will match the e39 m5???? very little, probably a e90/92 m3??? At least you know the car now so don't sell it